Assassins Creed Valhalla

Ty21

Previously a sceptic, after playing the latest build he's blown away

- Predicts one of the best ever ACs

- The settlement situation is awesome and he can't imagine playing an AC without it now

- The facial animations have improved

- It's darker, more serious

- Exploration flow is more like Origins than Odyssey - not overwhelming

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I love the weapons/gear system and combat changes.  Different combos based off what weapons and what hand they are in.  If you like a weapon you get in the beginning you can keep that and level it up.  SO MUCH better than the loot drops and dismantling and having to sift through all the stats.  

Maybe not the leveling up part, but you could pay to have your weapon upgraded in Odyssey.  I never really figured that out until later in the game when it wasn't really relevant anymore. 

33 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I haven't played an AC since Black Flag. Not a fan of Origins or Odyssey changes from what I saw, but giving this a shot as a PS5 launch title. 

I was not a fan of the games that came after Black Flag until Origins.  Origins rebooted the franchise in a much needed way.  Odyssey was fun, but man, it was such a huge game.  I put in well over 100 hours to get all of the stuff done, including DLC.  

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I was not a fan of the games that came after Black Flag until Origins.  Origins rebooted the franchise in a much needed way.  Odyssey was fun, but man, it was such a huge game.  I put in well over 100 hours to get all of the stuff done, including DLC.  

I love open world games, but I hate when they pack a bunch of unnecessary crap into it. That's why I didn't touch the last two, so I'm hoping this one is a little less cluttered. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I love open world games, but I hate when they pack a bunch of unnecessary crap into it. That's why I didn't touch the last two, so I'm hoping this one is a little less cluttered. 

They give you some of the points to start with.  If you purchase the XP boosts, there really isn't any need to do any of the location-based stuff.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They give you some of the points to start with.  If you purchase the XP boosts, there really isn't any need to do any of the location-based stuff.  

Yeah but I have to do it. I don't move on in open world games until I finish the stuff in the area I'm in. That's my issue with them

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I did one better with Origins and Odyssey.....I finished all of that stuff before I moved on.  It was a chore at times. 

Yeah and I'm not looking for a chore. I enjoy open world games where the side stuff feels like it should be there. Obviously there's usually a lot of filler. Breath of the Wild did it best imo

The only way I could level up enough to play through and beat Odyssey was to do all the extra missions. I usually like to do about half of them during the regular game and 2nd half of them after but moving on in it was such a chore. Origins was much more enjoyable imo.

Can't wait to play this however.

Edited by BullsandBroncos