Jump to content
Ty21

Assassins Creed Valhalla

Recommended Posts

I love the weapons/gear system and combat changes.  Different combos based off what weapons and what hand they are in.  If you like a weapon you get in the beginning you can keep that and level it up.  SO MUCH better than the loot drops and dismantling and having to sift through all the stats.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just reskinned The Witcher 3 here lol. Still might be the first AC game I play.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Previously a sceptic, after playing the latest build he's blown away

- Predicts one of the best ever ACs

- The settlement situation is awesome and he can't imagine playing an AC without it now

- The facial animations have improved

- It's darker, more serious

- Exploration flow is more like Origins than Odyssey - not overwhelming

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I love the weapons/gear system and combat changes.  Different combos based off what weapons and what hand they are in.  If you like a weapon you get in the beginning you can keep that and level it up.  SO MUCH better than the loot drops and dismantling and having to sift through all the stats.  

Maybe not the leveling up part, but you could pay to have your weapon upgraded in Odyssey.  I never really figured that out until later in the game when it wasn't really relevant anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played an AC since Black Flag. Not a fan of Origins or Odyssey changes from what I saw, but giving this a shot as a PS5 launch title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I haven't played an AC since Black Flag. Not a fan of Origins or Odyssey changes from what I saw, but giving this a shot as a PS5 launch title. 

I was not a fan of the games that came after Black Flag until Origins.  Origins rebooted the franchise in a much needed way.  Odyssey was fun, but man, it was such a huge game.  I put in well over 100 hours to get all of the stuff done, including DLC.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I was not a fan of the games that came after Black Flag until Origins.  Origins rebooted the franchise in a much needed way.  Odyssey was fun, but man, it was such a huge game.  I put in well over 100 hours to get all of the stuff done, including DLC.  

I love open world games, but I hate when they pack a bunch of unnecessary crap into it. That's why I didn't touch the last two, so I'm hoping this one is a little less cluttered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I love open world games, but I hate when they pack a bunch of unnecessary crap into it. That's why I didn't touch the last two, so I'm hoping this one is a little less cluttered. 

They give you some of the points to start with.  If you purchase the XP boosts, there really isn't any need to do any of the location-based stuff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They give you some of the points to start with.  If you purchase the XP boosts, there really isn't any need to do any of the location-based stuff.  

Yeah but I have to do it. I don't move on in open world games until I finish the stuff in the area I'm in. That's my issue with them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah but I have to do it. I don't move on in open world games until I finish the stuff in the area I'm in. That's my issue with them

I did one better with Origins and Odyssey.....I finished all of that stuff before I moved on.  It was a chore at times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I did one better with Origins and Odyssey.....I finished all of that stuff before I moved on.  It was a chore at times. 

Yeah and I'm not looking for a chore. I enjoy open world games where the side stuff feels like it should be there. Obviously there's usually a lot of filler. Breath of the Wild did it best imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way I could level up enough to play through and beat Odyssey was to do all the extra missions. I usually like to do about half of them during the regular game and 2nd half of them after but moving on in it was such a chore. Origins was much more enjoyable imo.

 

Can't wait to play this however.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t mind all the extra side stuff. That’s one of many reasons why I’ve always liked AC games. Definitely not a game you’ll beat in a day. Hell, I think it took me a couple months to beat Odyssey(can’t play for long periods at a time anymore). 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t mind playing the side missions. Just hate when they make you have to do so many of them just to be at the right level to do the next main mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...