Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CBears019

WELCOME TO THE NEW FF - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, WindyCity said:

I am Darryl.

I am from Winnipeg in Canada. I am a 33 year old teacher who works with refugee high school students.I am married with 2 kids. I played OL briefly in the CFL and my claim to fame is that in training camp in 2008 with the Allouttes my dorm room was across the hall from HC Marc Trestman. 

I came to the Bears about 16 years ago when a guy I played college football with Israel Idonidje made the team and have followed them ever since. Going to my first game in 2009 when I was done playing football.

Wow Windy...never knew this about you.  Places some context behind your quality posting!

Glad to be here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Visionman said:

Wow Windy...never knew this about you.  Places some context behind your quality posting!

Glad to be here...

tenor.gif?itemid=4627161

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings to one and several !

My name is Paul.

I have been watching and enjoying football since it was first shown on UK tv in the 80s. I chose a team for the SB that year, and, as they did me the honour of winning I have been with them since.

If any of you are travelling to Tottenham in October, come and introduce yourself !

I now live on the Greek Island of Kefalonia.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, Bearguy said:

Greetings to one and several !

My name is Paul.

I have been watching and enjoying football since it was first shown on UK tv in the 80s. I chose a team for the SB that year, and, as they did me the honour of winning I have been with them since.

If any of you are travelling to Tottenham in October, come and introduce yourself !

I now live on the Greek Island of Kefalonia.

hello-gif-5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, Heinz D. said:

hello-gif-5.gif

Love Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock.  The acting chemistry between him and Martin Freeman is phenomenal.  In fact great casting all around including Mark Gatiss as Mycroft.  One of the best series ever produced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, soulman said:

Love Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock.  The acting chemistry between him and Martin Freeman is phenomenal.  In fact great casting all around including Mark Gatiss as Mycroft.  One of the best series ever produced.

Agreed.

Except for season four. Kind of a let down, quality-wise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Agreed.

Except for season four. Kind of a let down, quality-wise...

Haven't watched it yet.  Tough show to write. Complex characters and complex plot lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soulman said:

Haven't watched it yet.  Tough show to write. Complex characters and complex plot lines.

It's not bad, but it's a let down. It sort of collapses under it's own weight. I hope they bring it back, make it what it should be again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gather round friends I have an announcement...so after a few years of not really supporting a college team after the whole Penn State thing I have finally landed on a college team to support...would anyone like to take a guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Gather round friends I have an announcement...so after a few years of not really supporting a college team after the whole Penn State thing I have finally landed on a college team to support...would anyone like to take a guess?

Iowa Hawkeyes? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Iowa Hawkeyes? ;)

And he's got it in one hahaha...

1. Great History

2. Great Traditions

3. Long Tenured & outstanding HC

4. Nile Kinnick is a true legend

5. No pro team in the state

6. Loads of you guys went there

7. Excellent history with OL

8. We get a good bit of BIG10 football over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

And he's got it in one hahaha...

1. Great History

2. Great Traditions

3. Long Tenured & outstanding HC

4. Nile Kinnick is a true legend

5. No pro team in the state

6. Loads of you guys went there

7. Excellent history with OL

8. We get a good bit of BIG10 football over here.

I'm a homer...so was hoping you'd go that way! Come to Iowa sometime...all kinds of fun. Good on you, @Madmike90

For what it's worth, I'm going to add Nate Stanley to the list in the Trubisky failure thread! I'm convinced Nate has a shot!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2019 at 5:25 PM, Heinz D. said:

Iowa Hawkeyes? ;)

Holy crap. Madmike is recruiting Bears fans in the UK and you're recruiting Iowa fans over there. Lmao. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×