WELCOME TO THE NEW FF - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

CBears019

On 1/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, WindyCity said:

I am Darryl.

I am from Winnipeg in Canada. I am a 33 year old teacher who works with refugee high school students.I am married with 2 kids. I played OL briefly in the CFL and my claim to fame is that in training camp in 2008 with the Allouttes my dorm room was across the hall from HC Marc Trestman. 

I came to the Bears about 16 years ago when a guy I played college football with Israel Idonidje made the team and have followed them ever since. Going to my first game in 2009 when I was done playing football.

Wow Windy...never knew this about you.  Places some context behind your quality posting!

Glad to be here...

• 1 month later...

Greetings to one and several !

My name is Paul.

I have been watching and enjoying football since it was first shown on UK tv in the 80s. I chose a team for the SB that year, and, as they did me the honour of winning I have been with them since.

If any of you are travelling to Tottenham in October, come and introduce yourself !

I now live on the Greek Island of Kefalonia.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, Bearguy said:

Greetings to one and several !

My name is Paul.

I have been watching and enjoying football since it was first shown on UK tv in the 80s. I chose a team for the SB that year, and, as they did me the honour of winning I have been with them since.

If any of you are travelling to Tottenham in October, come and introduce yourself !

I now live on the Greek Island of Kefalonia.

hello-gif-5.gif

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 4:27 PM, Heinz D. said:

hello-gif-5.gif

Love Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock.  The acting chemistry between him and Martin Freeman is phenomenal.  In fact great casting all around including Mark Gatiss as Mycroft.  One of the best series ever produced.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soulman said:

Love Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock.  The acting chemistry between him and Martin Freeman is phenomenal.  In fact great casting all around including Mark Gatiss as Mycroft.  One of the best series ever produced.

Agreed.

Except for season four. Kind of a let down, quality-wise...

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Haven't watched it yet.  Tough show to write. Complex characters and complex plot lines.

It's not bad, but it's a let down. It sort of collapses under it's own weight. I hope they bring it back, make it what it should be again...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
42 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Gather round friends I have an announcement...so after a few years of not really supporting a college team after the whole Penn State thing I have finally landed on a college team to support...would anyone like to take a guess?

Iowa Hawkeyes? ;)

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Iowa Hawkeyes? ;)

And he's got it in one hahaha...

1. Great History

2. Great Traditions

3. Long Tenured & outstanding HC

4. Nile Kinnick is a true legend

5. No pro team in the state

6. Loads of you guys went there

7. Excellent history with OL

8. We get a good bit of BIG10 football over here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

And he's got it in one hahaha...

1. Great History

2. Great Traditions

3. Long Tenured & outstanding HC

4. Nile Kinnick is a true legend

5. No pro team in the state

6. Loads of you guys went there

7. Excellent history with OL

8. We get a good bit of BIG10 football over here.

I'm a homer...so was hoping you'd go that way! Come to Iowa sometime...all kinds of fun. Good on you, @Madmike90

For what it's worth, I'm going to add Nate Stanley to the list in the Trubisky failure thread! I'm convinced Nate has a shot!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Been reading the blog for years.  Since I have been stuck working from home for the last 9 months.  Finally decided to join.  Life long Chicago resident.  I live on the Northwest side and its the greatest place in the world.  Love the bears love the draft.  Thanks for having me.  

Welcome!  We’re happy to have you here.

• Like 1