Bears to decline Trub's 5th year option

malagabears

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The idiotic Pro Bowl thing is where people lose me and really the entire anti Mitch movement loses the leaning anti Mitch people.

The OL was bad last season. That is a real thing.

Nagy was a mess as a play caller. That is a real thing.

It was a joke. He was missing a guy 10 yards in front of him over and over in a contest, but it means absolutely nothing. Did you miss the emoticon? Relax. 

Also, who cares about the anti Mitch movement and the people on the fence? The **** does any of that mean? 

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Bad calls here by Nagy. Terrible blocking by the OL xD

Maybe he's just stupid? He was trying to line-drive the ball over the barrier rather than lob it like an inverted parabola (you like that, nerds?)

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

https://www.thescore.com/news/1305442

If only Cohen could have run after the catch of this throw...

He's an accurate QB when he has time to collect himself and throw. NFL games aren't like that. He needs to figure out how to get the ball out of his hands, accurately, when the bullets are live.

Mahomes has **** mechanics but he knows how to complete passes off platform.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Maybe he's just stupid? He was trying to line-drive the ball over the barrier rather than lob it like an inverted parabola (you like that, nerds?)

Actually I wouldn't doubt it if he was really dumb. Nagy was average and the OL stunk last year, but missing open receivers and clearly not picking up "201" leads me to believe he is a dummy. Or maybe he needs the Jameis treatment and needs his eyeballs checked xD

Edited by beardown3231

18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Actually I wouldn't doubt it if he was really dumb. Nagy was average and the OL stunk last year, but missing open receivers and clearly not picking up "201" leads me to believe he is a dummy. Or maybe he needs the Jameis treatment and needs his eyeballs checked xD

Highly doubt he's stupid. That wouldn't be something that would slip by even a terrible GM. 

He panics. Gets so fluttered he can't process ANYTHING correctly. 

39 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Highly doubt he's stupid. That wouldn't be something that would slip by even a terrible GM. 

He panics. Gets so fluttered he can't process ANYTHING correctly. 

Yea he’s just terrible at handling pressure. You can see it when he immediately bails out of the pocket instead of stepping up and throwing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Yea he’s just terrible at handling pressure. You can see it when he immediately bails out of the pocket instead of stepping up and throwing.

I don't agree with that premise at all. Hand full of "come from behind" victories / positions to win to debunk that.

To me, he's overwhelmed. Either scale back or he's got to get comfortable quick in what this offense demands.

6 hours ago, G08 said:

I don't agree with that premise at all. Hand full of "come from behind" victories / positions to win to debunk that.

To me, he's overwhelmed. Either scale back or he's got to get comfortable quick in what this offense demands.

Whenever they do the hurry up, he's perfectly fine. They really should be running up-tempo more often.

I don't think Mitch's struggles on the field have anything to do with intelligence but more so processing speed and quick twitch ability.

From all accounts he is a pretty bright and well spoken guy.

Besides ....not being very intelligent and being a really good NFL QB are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think he's not very smart and doesn't process quickly. There are plenty of instances on tape where the defense changes their look, you see him notice it, but he runs the play like they never moved on him. 

I think he is smart.  I listen to him answer questions and he is a smart guy.   I think the above statement is also true.  

On a few break downs I did I would watch him check out of a play and defense adjusts after his check to ruin it and he just stays with it.  I have watched plays where he can totally burn an out of position defense with a quick snap and he never does it.  He lets them reset and adjust while he waits patiently.  

I had a player once who had a perfect ACT score at 13 years old.  If I didn’t know that fact I would have thought he was one of dumber players I had ever coached.  

I know rednecks (for lack of better word to quickly describe them - just think poor blue collar white guys with bad teeth) who can come up genius creative solutions to complex real world problems, but can barely read and nearly failed out of school. 

I think Favre is dumb relatively speaking.  Same with Bradshaw.   They are also HOF QBs.  

• Like 1

Several coaches and GMs did not fall in love with Trubisky in draft, including Nagy and Reid, because he interviewed football dumb.  

Some people are just different when the lights are on.  I still think there is a world in which MT could have been an above average NFL QB.  

I think 2018 was his real rookie year and 2019 was a cluster across board offensively from Summer on and it ruined any positive perception of him and probably destroyed his confidence.  

• Like 1

Honestly, Fox would not have won 12 games in 2018.   Nagy did a good job rejuvenating that team overall, even though they were poor offensively for most part.

However, in 2019 I think there is no way Fox runs 2019 camp same, or starts Long, Shaheen and Burton after that camp, and adjusts to those issues much better and fixes them to some extent with preseason football, and as a result they ride that defense to a 12 win 2019 and I honestly think  MT would have done better under Fox in 2019.  Crazy thing to say I know.  I just think Nagy did not handle 2019 correct at all.  And I think he knows it.  It happens.  I had a year like that coaching in which I was experimenting with new concepts and ideas.  

I hope Nagy learned from that experience.  It sounds like he did.   He assumed a level of professionalism and snap back both in terms of ‘will be better when healthy’ and ‘will be same without live reps because veteran’ in a lot of players that simply did not exist.   

In fairness aside from Long and Burton whom I wanted to bench in camp, so did I.  I was all for sitting most guys in preseason because you had all returning starters.   But you need to bang at some point to get ready for football and guys weren’t banging enough in practice. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think he is smart.  I listen to him answer questions and he is a smart guy.   I think the above statement is also true.  

On a few break downs I did I would watch him check out of a play and defense adjusts after his check to ruin it and he just stays with it.  I have watched plays where he can totally burn an out of position defense with a quick snap and he never does it.  He lets them reset and adjust while he waits patiently.  

I had a player once who had a perfect ACT score at 13 years old.  If I didn’t know that fact I would have thought he was one of dumber players I had ever coached.  

I know rednecks (for lack of better word to quickly describe them - just think poor blue collar white guys with bad teeth) who can come up genius creative solutions to complex real world problems, but can barely read and nearly failed out of school. 

I think Favre is dumb relatively speaking.  Same with Bradshaw.   They are also HOF QBs.  

All excellent points, but I still think he's dumb.  I can't find it now, but in his "sit down with Gruden while Gruden grunts and names plays loudly" piece he came across as earnest, eager but also not terribly smart.  I really like Trubisky, but his grin and good body language won't change my impression of him as being kind of a dumbass.  Personable, genuine etc there are lots of positive things he models but not smart.

I have a past employee who worked for me a couple years while he was in college doing (literal) rocket science and he was way more likely to make mistakes, forget to finish things, get lost in a hallway (true, McCormick place is a maze though) than a dirtbag guy I hired from a hardware store. There are all kinds of different types of intelligence.  My son who's in kindergarten could divide and multiply huge numbers in his head before getting any actual teaching, can break down and rebuild complex electronics, but still doesn't notice that people aren't in the room when he starts a conversation. Lot's of ways to ride the rodeo. 

• Like 2