Arizona Cardinals: Post-Hopkins Trade?

JaguarCrazy2832

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I have never said he was a bad rookie qb. I said he was an average rookie qb.

You said he should have finished 4th in voting. So, let’s say he had the 4th most impressive season among all rookie offensive players. That’s an “average rookie qb” season?

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Don't expect a logical answer...

Yes, there's a clear issue with the level of competition in the NFCW. All four of these teams have a strength that could take them far, but all four have a weakness that could put them in the cellar. Arizona is probably the most complete offense in the division now (especially if that OL can get their act together) San Francisco is the most complete defense in the division, Seattle has the best coaching of the four and LAC has the best individual player in Aaron Donald.

I can see Arizona going anywhere between 7-9 to 11-5. Same can be said about everyone in the division, actually.

I’d probably replace best coaching with QB for Seattle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You said he should have finished 4th in voting. So, let’s say he had the 4th most impressive season among all rookie offensive players. That’s an “average rookie qb” season?

My argument is that him being OROY means nothing because he shouldn't have been. It wasn't a knock against him clearly as I think he was still one of the better rookies last year.

• Like 1

These players all played over 250 snaps on defense for the Cardinals last year:

Deionte Thompson (S), Kevin Peterson (CB), Chris Jones (CB), DJ Swearinger (S), Jon Bullard (DL), Cassius Marsh (OLB), Tramaine Brock (CB), Joe Walker (MLB), Rodney Gunter (DT), Jalen Thompson (S), Terrell Suggs (OLB), Haason Reddick (MLB/OLB), Byron Murphy (CB)

All of them rookies or weren't any good. 

They added on defense a full season of PP, Isaiah Simmons, Jordan Phillips, Devon Kennard, Robert Alford, Fotu. So if they can finish like 15-20th on defense I think they can get over .500 

I think the offense last year was already good enough to be like a .500 team. The defense choked so many times in close gms tho. The other problem was redzone offense. Hopefully adding DHop will help that. 

Also the 3-6 WRs in snaps were Damiere Byrd, KeeSean Johnson, Trent Sherfield, and Pharoah Cooper. Replace them w/ Hopkins, Isabella, and Hakeem Butler this year and hopefully that is a giant improvement (obvi DHop will be, hopefully Andy and Hakeem will be too).

I just want 8-8 lol 

• Like 1

Too much to make up for the division, I think, but I wouldn't be shocked by them on the periphery of the WC fight.

I think they will have some ups and downs, but largely be a middle pack team that could range anywhere from 6-9 wins depending on how some luck goes. 

4 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

These players all played over 250 snaps on defense for the Cardinals last year:

Deionte Thompson (S), Kevin Peterson (CB), Chris Jones (CB), DJ Swearinger (S), Jon Bullard (DL), Cassius Marsh (OLB), Tramaine Brock (CB), Joe Walker (MLB), Rodney Gunter (DT), Jalen Thompson (S), Terrell Suggs (OLB), Haason Reddick (MLB/OLB), Byron Murphy (CB)

All of them rookies or weren't any good. 

They added on defense a full season of PP, Isaiah Simmons, Jordan Phillips, Devon Kennard, Robert Alford, Fotu. So if they can finish like 15-20th on defense I think they can get over .500 

I think the offense last year was already good enough to be like a .500 team. The defense choked so many times in close gms tho. The other problem was redzone offense. Hopefully adding DHop will help that. 

Also the 3-6 WRs in snaps were Damiere Byrd, KeeSean Johnson, Trent Sherfield, and Pharoah Cooper. Replace them w/ Hopkins, Isabella, and Hakeem Butler this year and hopefully that is a giant improvement (obvi DHop will be, hopefully Andy and Hakeem will be too).

I just want 8-8 lol 

This is a good post- reasonable review of your team with a reasonable goal.  It's a really tough division you guys happen to be in it right, otherwise I would say for sure they would be on the positive side of .500. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Having Hopkins opposite to Fitzgerald is quite the arsenal, but they honestly need a better QB.  

Murray doesn't have it. 

Hopkins would be great for a better QB (hence why he should have stayed at Houston), but he might have just went to Arizona to kill his own career.  

Good thing for Hopkins is that Larry won't be in the league for much longer, but who knows how he's going to pan out there.  

Murray is already a top 5 pure thrower in the league

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He's a Redskin.  We're used to being overlooked for stuff like this with how terrible this past decade was.......on and off the field

*Shrug* he's a great WR though, heckuva find for you guys. :)

Murray is looking like a Mahomes/Brees/Wilson love child. 

He will be the statistically the best qb in the division

His release is the best I have seen in a long time. 

Arm is a cannon especially on the first half trajectory of the ball

Has a Arod/Brees pinpoint type of accuracy. Knows where to make a throw 

Not sure how much difference one player can make, even if he's the best player in his position - but another year for KM and Kliff, more pieces added including a great draft class, I say they get a few more wins. The toughness of the division probably stops them getting up to 10, in my opinion. 

13 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I swear you have the strangest opinions I've seen on this forum. Kyler Murray is the reigning OROY and yet despite this, you've already concluded that he "doesn't have it"? Why is that?

Dude, who is dumb enough to take a QB who isn't even 5'11'' first overall?  

He had almost as many INTs as TDs probably because he couldn't see his targets.  

We beat him last season with a QB we literally pulled from the practice squad.  

He isn't your long term answer.