Week 4 GDT: Tennessee Titans (2-1) at Houston Texans (1-2)

titans0021

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Pretty sure he didn't wake up this morning thinking how he can mess it up. I think the last couple of weeks have shown this coaching staff is capable of coming up with some winning plans. 

Right. 

I'm pretty sure people were talking about what a good job the coaching staff did when he out coached Pete and his guys last week. Now some people want him gone. 

ITS LEGIT INSANE the way some of you act on here.

Just now, VY-FTW said:

Right. 

I'm pretty sure people were talking about what a good job the coaching staff did when he out coached Pete and his guys last week. Now some people want him gone. 

ITS LEGIT INSANE the way some of you act on here.

They were literally praising the coaches. They were getting play breakdowns on Twitter showing the brilliance of the play designs and game plan. Lol 

Just now, KingTitan said:

They were literally praising the coaches. They were getting play breakdowns on Twitter showing the brilliance of the play designs and game plan. Lol 

I know man LOL!!!

Its insane. Like the back and forth this season has never been this bad imo. Due to the fact that we were actually bad so there was no need to go back and forth but LOL.

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Someone on this defense needs to be fired. It has been an embarrassment for far too long. Losses like this should bring up hot seat questions and they're justified if we don't rebound.

I agree some changes need to at least be discussed. Seems like the defense is always reacting rather than dictating. 

But again this is the NFL. We have seen each team in this division get utterly embarrassed, destroyed and whooped by another division opponent. 

What makes our worst is that it was us. 

If we have another week like this, many of you will get your wish and maybe see some change in some fashion. 

But we had a hard time this week. 

Teams lose. 

Patriots loss and are 2-2 ( almost 1-3).  Mighty cowboys loss to the Rams. Bills are winning their division. "Tanking Jets" beat the Jags. 

Welcome to NFL. Half the league is upset with their team losing. Some more than others. 

Take a breath, burn this game tape. Don't look at it.  If you DVR'd this game burn it. 

Next week Jags have to play @Steelers and Texans have to play Chiefs but at home. That's should be losses for both of them.

Wonder if the plan might be just let Mariota rest vs Dolphins, hope the run game is enough to win it, if not, not much is lost in division race because of the Jags and Texans opponents.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But again this is the NFL. We have seen each team in this division get utterly embarrassed, destroyed and whooped by another division opponent. 

What makes our worst is that it was us. 

If we have another week like this, many of you will get your wish and maybe see some change in some fashion. 

But we had a hard time this week. 

Teams lose. 

Patriots loss and are 2-2 ( almost 1-3).  Mighty cowboys loss to the Rams. Bills are winning their division. "Tanking Jets" beat the Jags. 

Welcome to NFL. Half the league is upset with their team losing. Some more than others. 

Take a breath, burn this game tape. Don't look at it.  If you DVR'd this game burn it. 

I'm definitely on board with the "let's not overreact right now" because the season is far from finished and we have some winnable games ahead of us. And as true the notion that the NFL is unpredictable is, the fact remains that the signs for this defense being very vulnerable didn't just show up now. Raiders had plenty of success in week 1, both running and passing the football. Jaguars are Jaguars so that doesn't say much, and even Seattle, with a running game yet to figure out and with a Doug Baldwin banged up threw at ease against this secondary. I respect the hell out of **** LeBeau, but I think he's to be replaced. Not that it's all on him (arguably he doesn't even share the biggest part of the blame). It's a combination of things. I thought the decision not to stick Ryan on Nuk didn't make any sense. Not because he's a "10 mil per year" guy or whatever, but because Adoree badly needs to figure out his game still and there's no way he's a match against someone who can outmuscle him like that on the outside. Sims to me seems to struggle with more physical receivers as well, and McCain is just bad. But the secondary is just bad, period. Having a better match on Hopkins wouldn't have been able to hide that very long, if I were to guess.

A little bit surprisingly, running game is a very big issue this year as well, so that makes it almost impossible to stop the passing game. No more forced 3 & longs and well schemed blitzes to pressure the opposing QB means offenses can move the ball as they want to, unless the tackling issues get fixed and the DL starts getting some push of their own. I think in this scheme, we always did quite okay without a true NT. I don't think that's a big need, but we badly need DL bodies. We also need younger talent at the OLB position, ILB and badly CB help. There's a lot to figure out, and I doubt it can be done during the season. Best hope I have is they'll be able to mask them, at least from time to time.

56 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Pretty sure he didn't wake up this morning thinking how he can mess it up. I think the last couple of weeks have shown this coaching staff is capable of coming up with some winning plans. 

i don't see how this response is at all related to what i posted

I know I keep talking about it but ITS MIND BLOWING

Just went back and read some of the post in the GDT last week just to make sure I was right and the SAME people were legit saying how this is a new titans team cause of the way we overcame all that BS vs the seahawks and a week later its back to same old titans. What a joke man. I think I'm more mad about this then the damn L we just took HAHAHA

Anyways.. Both the titans and the dolphins will be playing pissed off next week. Should be a intense game

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:

I know I keep talking about it but ITS MIND BLOWING

Just went back and read some of the post in the GDT last week just to make sure I was right and the SAME people were legit saying how this is a new titans team cause of the way we overcame all that BS vs the seahawks and a week later its back to same old titans. What a joke man. I think I'm more mad about this then the damn L we just took HAHAHA

Anyways.. Both the titans and the dolphins will be playing pissed off next week. Should be a intense game

I would think the Dolphins would have played pissed off vs the Saints after nearly getting shut out by the Jets, then they just got shut out by the Saints.

Dolphins might legitimately just be awful. Way too much talent on that team to be playing as poorly as they are so no idea what is going on.

14 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I would think the Dolphins would have played pissed off vs the Saints after nearly getting shut out by the Jets, then they just got shut out by the Saints.

Dolphins might legitimately just be awful. Way too much talent on that team to be playing as poorly as they are so no idea what is going on.

I watched the game. Their defense was playing pissed off. Just had no help from the offense. No one should sleep on the dolphins because of the saints game. That team has the weapons to eat us up. Parker has looked really good this year. I think it's going to be a good game. THAT IS IF MARCUS IS PLAYING... on the other hand they have looked pretty bad this year. They easily could be 0-3 and would be if the chargers didn't miss a kick at the end of the game. We should win the game

Im so worried about Marcus :( Almost want to rest him the next couple of weeks to make sure he's good. Bring him back on MNF with Davis and smoke the colts :D if only we had a backup that could keep us afloat lol

Archived