Jim Harbaugh’s College Football Proposal

winitall

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

only one i agree with one was the transfer one.  if you transfer once you should get immediate eligibility.  if you do it again you need to sit out.

There is no reason for Trevor Lawrence to be playing college football this year. 

20 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Lol these kids out of high school would die on an NFL field before bulking up which is done through college. Very, very few people are ready immediately (AP comes to mind).

Yup. Besides, isn’t the 3 year rule an NFL thing?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Tbh I would make it so that anybody can go back even if they get drafted, but still, good changes.

Nah, you really open up a Pandoras Box there where players can just say "Oh I don't want to go to this team" without recourse.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BigD88 said:

Yup. Besides, isn’t the 3 year rule an NFL thing?

Yes.  The letter wasn't to any one body (The NFL, NCAA, etc..) but to "the football community".  I honestly think this is his effort to see the top tier kids leave his competitors early so he has a better shot of winning.  That's what I think his motivation is behind this.

• Like 1

If nothing else, I'd love to see everyone get behind the "if you don't get drafted, you can come back" rule on paper, but I also think that you'll just see an influx of guys declare early for that reason...but maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Nah, you really open up a Pandoras Box there where players can just say "Oh I don't want to go to this team" without recourse.

Yeah? That's a good thing?

The whole concept of a draft is stupid as hell, players should be allowed to have some agency over where they wanna play.

• Like 1