Mortal Kombat Mafia: TOWN WINS. KSJ/Counselor lose. Malf is still crying.

8 hours ago, The Orca said:

Daboyle 

We need results from @daboyle250 and @HoboRocket

If daboyle is aligned with me, he's safe. Unless recruitment happened AFTER results of moves. In which case, nobody is safe.

My result is that I attacked Pickle Rick. Matts messaged me back at like 11:05 saying that it failed and I couldn't tell anyone until he gave me the big thumbs up from papi. I was not informed of being redirected, and I feel like I WOULD have been informed of that. It also doesn't make sense that Mwil, a scum, would redirect me to himself. @MWil23, what happened to honor code of honesty? It's alright, though, I took your words to heart when you said not to expect others to be honest, so you were high on my list basically the whole time.

Anyways, what my move tells us: 

• Someone had to have done whatever protected Pickle right away, or he has an ability that makes him unkillable/unlynchable, either permanently or "x number of times." I don't want to try it again if this is what gave them a recruitment. Also, we're just assuming someone was recruited. This is a bastard game, so it could just be misdirection from the host.

• It's likely that someone else here has a hit, unless Matts worded something strangely. He simply replied to me that my move failed, not that I was redirected. Is that normal? I suppose we can't expect consistency in this type of game, but still... The Mwil death has some serious ramifications, aside from a scum dying, in my book.

23 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

comp cop

n1: swoosh/me = same alignment

n2: josh/me = diff alignment

23 hours ago, Blue said:

We've had three Nights. What was your other result?

22 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

n3 i was preoccupied w survivor so i didnt submit a move

1 hour ago, daboyle250 said:

n4: me/hobo = aligned

D1 you voted Bcb with Pickle

D2 you didnt vote

D3 you voted Pickle with 9 people I think

D4 you voted yourself

N3 Dome claims you visited Josh while you claim to have done nothing

This vote needs to be Daboyle imo

If the flips are accurate and the thread census, while also assuming the soul thing was a conversion...

Ratio is 7-3-1 before Blue gets modkilled

6-3-1 if Blue was town (modkilling himself as mafia would make no sense at all)

I'm hesitant to believe the writeups completely, but there hasnt been actually evidence not to

@kingseanjohn

If you have already won, could you find it in your heart to vote Daboyle or Dome, preferably Daboyle

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

D1 you voted Bcb with Pickle

D2 you didnt vote

D3 you voted Pickle with 9 people I think

D4 you voted yourself

N3 Dome claims you visited Josh while you claim to have done nothing

This vote needs to be Daboyle imo

If the flips are accurate and the thread census, while also assuming the soul thing was a conversion...

Ratio is 7-3-1 before Blue gets modkilled

6-3-1 if Blue was town (modkilling himself as mafia would make no sense at all)

I'm hesitant to believe the writeups completely, but there hasnt been actually evidence not to

@kingseanjohn

If you have already won, could you find it in your heart to vote Daboyle or Dome, preferably Daboyle

I would also add, Daboyle didnt tell us Josh was scum based on his results until he was dead 

These results and voting pattern show a mindset of someone who doesn't want to put himself out there and/or isnt actively trying to solve the game

He was active enough to put in a move N2 but not vote D2

He was active enough to vote D3 but not put in a move N3

This doesnt make sense especially when you couple it with results from Dome that show him tonbennot truthful 

This is our best choice today

10 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

If daboyle is aligned with me, he's safe. Unless recruitment happened AFTER results of moves. In which case, nobody is safe.

My result is that I attacked Pickle Rick. Matts messaged me back at like 11:05 saying that it failed and I couldn't tell anyone until he gave me the big thumbs up from papi. I was not informed of being redirected, and I feel like I WOULD have been informed of that. It also doesn't make sense that Mwil, a scum, would redirect me to himself. @MWil23, what happened to honor code of honesty? It's alright, though, I took your words to heart when you said not to expect others to be honest, so you were high on my list basically the whole time.

• Someone had to have done whatever protected Pickle right away, or he has an ability that makes him unkillable/unlynchable, either permanently or "x number of times." I don't want to try it again if this is what gave them a recruitment. Also, we're just assuming someone was recruited. This is a bastard game, so it could just be misdirection from the host.

• It's likely that someone else here has a hit, unless Matts worded something strangely. He simply replied to me that my move failed, not that I was redirected. Is that normal? I suppose we can't expect consistency in this type of game, but still... The Mwil death has some serious ramifications, aside from a scum dying, in my book.

If your hit failed...that means you didnt kill Mwil. Which is more troublesome overall

Daboyle is most likley scum. If you are town he is putting forth those results because he feels you are most likley to believe it at face value and not vote him

You have to look at the totality of the game at this point my friend and not a singular result 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Buff - 6 - Blue, Hobo, mwil,  Rags, swag, UNT

Daboyle - 4 - Orca, Daboyle, BBB

KSJ - 1 - PR

BCB - 1 - BCB

PR - 1 - KSJ

Dome - 1 -  Dome

FINAL VC => Buff is the lynch

Also look at the final vote count last night. If Daboyle really had a role that could catch scum, they would 100% lynch him instead of a 3 shot gov. The 3 shot gov was voting him, so he wasnt going to pardon him. I think if Buff was town and Daboyle, the easy most logical play would have been to lynch Daboyle and kill Dome. Instead, buff was lynched and a role that could catch them was left alive? I dont believe it 

26 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Interesting thought... 

If recruitment happened after night moves, you would know about it and of course you woulld just go along with the idea that You and dabs are aligned 

unless you are saying dabs was the one who was recruited, in which case it doesn’t matter when the recruitment happened because he wouldn’t be a trustworthy source anyways.

what made you consider what time the recruitment happened as at relates to those results?

10 hours ago, Blue said:

You know what, I'll save him the trouble and do what you won't.

Town, last scum is probably either Swag or Touch. Kano and Rain are both willing members of Outworld. It's trickier if they really did recruit someone, but if it's Touch, it's possible they have an X-shot that lets them post fake announcements in the thread.

@Ragnarok @The Orca @HoboRocket @Dome @daboyle250 @bcb1213 

peace, good luck Town

@Matts4313 modkill me pls so Town can see my flip and continue on with the game, kthx

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

Interesting thought... 

If recruitment happened after night moves, you would know about it and of course you woulld just go along with the idea that You and dabs are aligned 

unless you are saying dabs was the one who was recruited, in which case it doesn’t matter when the recruitment happened because he wouldn’t be a trustworthy source anyways.

what made you consider what time the recruitment happened as at relates to those results?

It just was the natural progression of my thought process. I mean, I don't really have any reason to believe Daboyle about whether or not he's aligned with me, since pretty much all of his alignment checks have been neutral. For example, not outside source can verify whether or not he's telling the truth that he's aligned with me. But the whole "alignment check" thing is interesting with the recruitment mechanic, because even if he IS telling the truth and rolled as being aligned with me (town), that may not still be true if he was recruited after the check and is now mafia. 

Anyways, my whole point is that, if the check was made before recruitment and he's telling the truth about it, then he's really the only person I can trust at this point (I don't, though, as I'm not certain that he was telling the truth to begin with). 

Guys, if there was a recruitment, then we're back at square one. Nobody is safe. Nobody is cleared anymore.

ANYBODY could be mafia at this point.

13 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

If there is a mechanic that does not allow pickle to die, it would just come in as failed.

Basically, we just can't do defensive mafia anymore (clearing each other). Instead, we need to stay on the offensive and go after people that we had reason to believe were mafia prior to the recruitment. Afterwards, we do a witch hunt on each other, trying to figure out which one of us is the snake.

And this is all only valid if Shang Tsung stealing a soul means that there was a recruitment.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

If there is a mechanic that does not allow pickle to die, it would just come in as failed.

Thanks for the clarification. Okay, so we already had decent reason to believe that Pickle couldn't die die to the failed lynching, but now we have confirmation that he can't die from a hit. Or maybe he has a set number of times that he's immune, but if each failed attempt creates a scum, then I'm not sure if I want to try hitting him anymore (if I even survive to that point). 

Due to the nature of Matts' response, then, it's safe to assume that I was NOT redirected, and somebody else killed Mwil.

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Thanks for the clarification. Okay, so we already had decent reason to believe that Pickle couldn't die die to the failed lynching, but now we have confirmation that he can't die from a hit. Or maybe he has a set number of times that he's immune, but if each failed attempt creates a scum, then I'm not sure if I want to try hitting him anymore (if I even survive to that point). 

Due to the nature of Matts' response, then, it's safe to assume that I was NOT redirected, and somebody else killed Mwil.

My guess is a town redirector since that was the only hit. Which if that is the case, I’m leaning towards having that person claim. 

Okay, guys, I have another theory.

What we know:

• I tried to hit Pickle.
  • Pickle survived my hit attempt.
  • Mwil died.
  • Pickle gained a soul.

What if gaining a soul does NOT mean recruitment?

What if Pickle is a cannibal?

You're going to need to put your tinfoil hats on for this one,  ladies and gents.

What if Pickle is only immune as the GF as long as there are other scum? Maybe he can't be lynched, but he CAN be killed. He simply redirects hits on him towards another scum member.

This would explain:

• How my move IMMEDIATELY came back as failed
  • Why, if I'm the only vigilante left, Mwil (a scum) got hit - it wouldn't really make sense for town to redirect me towards Mwil, unless Orca is a redirector
  • There's also nothing in the cryptic text "Shang Tsung has gained a soul" that indicates what actually happened from a gameplay perspective. Did he gain Mwil's soul, which protected him from the hit? Did he gain a new living follower (town converted to mafia)?
  • This would mean that we COULD kill him, but I would need to continue to hit him. 
  • It doesn't make sense from a Matts perspective if GF was immortal (unlynchable, unkillable). 
  • The GF would also be grossly OP if not only was he unlynchable, but he also recruited more mafia every time he was hit as unkillable scum.

Anyways, I'm not committed to either of my theories just yet. Just food for thought, trying to solve the game.

@Blue would be proud.