Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I'd rather u just tell us how u know this  so we don't argue about it all day 

My guess is that it's just his feeling, like it is for me, so I think we are going to argue about it. 

Please vote Vikes, I think that is the play today. Same goes for you @JoshstraDaymus. I'm asking for a little trust here. I think he's lock scum based on Josh's results. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

After much consideration and help from @Counselor, and barring any last minute advice from pork master @ET80 and cooking guru @JoshstraDaymus, and/or blatant judgment from @SwAg and @Dome, I've decided to do the following:

*After bringing them to around room temperature, I'm going to add thyme, garlic, and olive oil to the pork chops, letting them sit in this rubbed marinate for 30-60 minutes

*I'm going to then heat them up in the cast iron skillet, bringing them to a golden brown, approximately 1 minute on each side.

*After the second flip, I will bring the temperature down to a medium/medium low heat, turning every minute

*I will baste them in butter for approximately every minute the final 5 minutes of cooking

*Bring them to rest for 5 minutes, then serving

Total Cook Time:

*1 minute sear on both sides (2 minutes)

*Turn every minute (4 turns, 8 minutes)

*10 Minutes total, Internal temperature hoping for 135, or a slight bounce on the touch

Get the cast iron superhot on the stove, turn on oven to 350. 

Season chops how you like - salt and pepper obvi. Sounds like you are going slightly italian so consider either italian seasoning or lemon pepper.

Throw butter and chops, 1 minutes one side. Flip and baste for one minute. Put in oven for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness, take out and rest. 

Get bone in chop. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Get the cast iron superhot on the stove, turn on oven to 350. 

Season chops how you like - salt and pepper obvi. Sounds like you are going slightly italian so consider either italian seasoning or lemon pepper.

Throw butter and chops, 1 minutes one side. Flip and baste for one minute. Put in oven for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness, take out and rest. 

Get bone in chop. 

I’m weighing whether or not to use a splash or wine and lime juice...thoughts?

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m weighing whether or not to use a splash or wine and lime juice...thoughts?

If you are going to do wine, after the chops are cooked you can make a demi glace with with left over butter/fat in the cast iron. Add wine/seasoning and reduce it. There are a ton of recipes online depending on your taste. 

You can also make a nice sauce with mustard + the stuff in the cast iron. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2