Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Mafia Game Thread: Game Over - Slytherin Wins

SwAg

22 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Biggio and Hobo originally said they were characters not in this book that is indicative 

holdup.jpg

That wasn't an actual claim. That was me saying that I wasn't simply fishing for a claim; I was whaling. Like, or was super obvious. I'll pull up the context in a second.

On 6/2/2020 at 2:14 AM, kingseanjohn said:

Not gonna lie. I watched the movie last night to prepare and I still had no clue who my character is. 

On 6/2/2020 at 2:16 AM, Matts4313 said:

Is it because no one is allowed to say your name?

On 6/2/2020 at 2:21 AM, kingseanjohn said:

Don’t even know how to pronounce it tbh

On 6/2/2020 at 9:10 AM, HoboRocket said:

Pronounced "Hurt-my-knee." 

On 6/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, MWil23 said:

Tell me Hobo...are you fishing for a character or role claim?

23 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Call me Ahab.

For those who are unaware, Ahab is the captain in Moby **** who's obsessed with catching the great white whale.

19 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:
On 6/2/2020 at 3:14 AM, kingseanjohn said:

Not gonna lie. I watched the movie last night to prepare and I still had no clue who my character is. 

On 6/2/2020 at 3:16 AM, Matts4313 said:

Is it because no one is allowed to say your name?

On 6/2/2020 at 3:21 AM, kingseanjohn said:

Don’t even know how to pronounce it tbh

On 6/2/2020 at 10:10 AM, HoboRocket said:

Pronounced "Hurt-my-knee." 

On 6/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, MWil23 said:

Tell me Hobo...are you fishing for a character or role claim?

23 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Call me Ahab.

For those who are unaware, Ahab is the captain in Moby **** who's obsessed with catching the great white whale.

Why are you admitting to role fishing here? That's what I'm asking.

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Why are you admitting to role fishing here? That's what I'm asking.

Because I did it and now it's over. And it seemed like some people *ahem* (not talking to you, Dome) actually thought that it was a claim? Or I'm just mis-reading the situation. Morning brain is a real thing. Anyways, is there something wrong with role-fishing? It gets us information.

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Anyways, is there something wrong with role-fishing? It gets us information.

Oooof

Outing a power role and fishing for characters that early is a major mistake IMO. Scum would gladly take out a major power role via kill or roleblock.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Because I did it and now it's over. And it seemed like some people *ahem* (not talking to you, Dome) actually thought that it was a claim? Or I'm just mis-reading the situation. Morning brain is a real thing. Anyways, is there something wrong with role-fishing? It gets us information.

I'm not 100% against the sharing of information as town, like you said, town's power is in sharing of information - but its a much more useful tactic AFTER nightrole information becomes available and other claims and info starts to be shared.

This should primarily be used to connect dots. not used D1 to give scum a menu

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Generally role fishing outs more info for scum than it does town, especially initially

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Biggio and Hobo originally said they were characters not in this book that is indicative 

51 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

That wasn't an actual claim. That was me saying that I wasn't simply fishing for a claim; I was whaling. Like, or was super obvious. I'll pull up the context in a second.

I agree that Hobo's posts were unproductive in terms of fishing

But my alarms are much more louder for bigbad who is trying to find reasons to pin joke posts as reasons to throw shade, while doing a similar thing himself