TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

NBC -  A Wisconsin man was arrested and accused of driving a red SUV into a crowd at a Waukesha Christmas parade on the city's Main Street, as revelers watched in horror, officials said Monday.

Darrell Brooks, 39, was booked on suspicion of five counts of intentional homicide, Waukesha Police Chief Daniel Thompson told reporters.

Brooks had fled scene of that domestic incident just before officers arrived there, Thompson said.

The suspect has a significant criminal history was questioned overnight, with investigators probing the possibility that the driver had been fleeing an earlier incident involving a knife fight.

That hasn't been confirmed but it will be the narrative they want out there. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Leader said:

NBC -  A Wisconsin man was arrested and accused of driving a red SUV into a crowd at a Waukesha Christmas parade on the city's Main Street, as revelers watched in horror, officials said Monday.

Darrell Brooks, 39, was booked on suspicion of five counts of intentional homicide, Waukesha Police Chief Daniel Thompson told reporters.

Brooks had fled scene of that domestic incident just before officers arrived there, Thompson said.

The suspect has a significant criminal history was questioned overnight, with investigators probing the possibility that the driver had been fleeing an earlier incident involving a knife fight.

This is odd and a little disturbing for me.

Darrell Brooks.  One of my customers is named Daryl Brooks.  I can tell you 100% this is not the same person, but still oddly unsettling for me.

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Well done Vegas. I like the movie Evan Almighty. If you've seen it there is a line about Acts of Random Kindness changing the world. While I don't agree think the world can change, ARK can have an impact on lives and for the better.

I love it, its' easy to hate and judge, tough to love it takes energy, work and sacrafice.

Thanks for sharing your view. I won't get into all my own beliefs as then it gets into religion. With that said I just see the truth. The world, it's ways, it's broken. There is no earthly solution to our past, current and future problems in my opinion. So, like you I have to find away to spend my time well on earth. I mess up, daily even hourly with my own selfishness, but I do believe I'm of use to my fellow man. As a person in recovery I still attend actively, reach out to those in need, offer my time whenever possible. I offer my resources to our local church and also donate elsewhere. I'm a father so we have lots of kids clothes that hopefully can go to those that really need. 

Broken but there is hope. Love is my only hope. 

I admire yah.

Keep doing what you can, when you can.

The world changed.  I'd argue for the worse.  It can change again.

It just takes a lot of us to do little things.  

Instead of relying on the few to do much.

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I admire yah.

Keep doing what you can, when you can.

The world changed.  I'd argue for the worse.  It can change again.

It just takes a lot of us to do little things.  

Instead of relying on the few to do much.

The few usually do the heavy lifting. It's ok really I've finally come to accept that and like you when I/we can we lend a hand, help, love on people. So much division currently all over it's so easy to forget that it's ok to not agree, it's ok to be different. But we're all humans and all humans have value ( some give up some of that when the do things against our laws ). I think you get my point, we are not mistakes, humans I mean. We are here for a purpose.........service to our fellow human:). Thanks and well said all around Vegas. Now if you have time, stop by Lambeau and teach Savage how to catch:)

54 minutes ago, Leader said:

?  What portion of it hasnt been confirmed and what part is conspiracy theory?

That he was fleeing another crime. Even if he was 'fleeing another crime,' when does one's morale compass kick in and you say, "I can't run over all of these people!" 

15 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

The few usually do the heavy lifting. It's ok really I've finally come to accept that and like you when I/we can we lend a hand, help, love on people. So much division currently all over it's so easy to forget that it's ok to not agree, it's ok to be different. But we're all humans and all humans have value ( some give up some of that when the do things against our laws ). I think you get my point, we are not mistakes, humans I mean. We are here for a purpose.........service to our fellow human:). Thanks and well said all around Vegas. Now if you have time, stop by Lambeau and teach Savage how to catch:)

I think that is more of a @skibrett15 thing.  If memory serves, he can kick 50 yard field goals!  :)

It was either him or @Norm 's mom who could....well....that fine lady can do a lot of things well.

3 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

I mean no offense Leader but every single part of our world is broken. You may choose to look at some parts as not broken but they are. I'd love to hear your examples of the parts that aren't broken though in your marco view.

I'm in no way hopeless but I put my hope outside of this world. It's so very broken, there are wonderful people and there is great love in this world. But it's broken.

Literally every measurable aspect of life is better than 50 years ago

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maybe.

Because there wasn't a ton of technology then.

But now as compared to 20-25 years ago?  Maybe 30-35?

I'm not sure sure that we are over reliant on technology.  It seems to have desensitized a lot of feelings and things.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It is entirely based on what you as an individual value. 

Life was simpler, more neighborly, more faith based and a lot less violent than 40-50 years ago. 

It really does come down to what you value. Also, it seems the life expectancy is actually going down for the first time in recorded history. 

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Depends on how you want to look at it. 50 years ago the USA had the highest standard of living in the world, today it is 20th, that's a measurable aspect of life. 50 years ago I would go to the park as a kid and play until after dark and walk home by myself with zero concerns for my safety, unthinkable today. Guess that is not measurable. 50 years ago the typical family had two parents in a home and spent most evenings and weekend together. Not measurable. 50 years ago a family only needed one income to secure affordable homes, that would fall under the standard of living I guess. 

Most things are much more convenient today and that is better. If the attempt is made to quantify everything as a measurable your case can be made to a degree, but I enjoyed my quality of life as a youth in a less convenient era. That's is not a measurable either I guess.    

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Maybe.

Because there wasn't a ton of technology then.

But now as compared to 20-25 years ago?  Maybe 30-35?

I'm not sure sure that we are over reliant on technology.  It seems to have desensitized a lot of feelings and things.

Even 20 years ago, life is better measurably

47 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It is entirely based on what you as an individual value. 

Life was simpler, more neighborly, more faith based and a lot less violent than 40-50 years ago. 

It really does come down to what you value. Also, it seems the life expectancy is actually going down for the first time in recorded history. 

Life is absolutely not more violent now. Crime is down universally. 

The only reason life expectancy is going down is because people eat for ****. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, R T said:

Depends on how you want to look at it. 50 years ago the USA had the highest standard of living in the world, today it is 20th, that's a measurable aspect of life. 50 years ago I would go to the park as a kid and play until after dark and walk home by myself with zero concerns for my safety, unthinkable today. Guess that is not measurable. 50 years ago the typical family had two parents in a home and spent most evenings and weekend together. Not measurable. 50 years ago a family only needed one income to secure affordable homes, that would fall under the standard of living I guess. 

Most things are much more convenient today and that is better. If the attempt is made to quantify everything as a measurable your case can be made to a degree, but I enjoyed my quality of life as a youth in a less convenient era. That's is not a measurable either I guess.    

Life in the United States is absolutely better than it was 50 years ago. Other nations finishing recovering from WW2 doesn't change that.

Being able to walk home from the park at night and being safe is entirely a matter of perception. Crime is universally down.

The cost of living and requiring 2 incomes is fair, but there counter point is that the number of things in a home, especially in the kitchen has also exploded.

People being less happy with better things is something wrong with people, not society.