TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

52 minutes ago, Hugh_Mann said:

The Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix is pretty damn strong, for those who get a kick out of roast humor

I watched the first hour last night, and plan to finish it tonight. So far it's gold, and I heard it continues to get better. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VonKarman said:

To me it feels rather weak. There's nothing really new, nor they try to really hurt Brady in any way. You should try to humiliate and ashame the guy, a la Ricky Gervais.

That sounds less like a roast between friends and more like a being mean to each other between not friends

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 4:11 AM, HighCalebR said:

That sounds less like a roast between friends and more like a being mean to each other between not friends

Perhaps it's a cultural thing (I'm not from the US), but I am my meanest version with my best friends.

Edited by VonKarman

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

Perhaps it's a cultural thing (I'm not from the US), but I am my meanest version with my best friends.

For sure. Of course I roast my friends, but I'm not actually banging their wives to rub it in their face to humiliate and embarrass them. Haha 

Like there were jokes about his plastic surgery and how weird he is with his personal trainer boyfriend. And a billion about his wife ******* around on him. Thought the jokes pushed the limits a bit.

• Like 1

Almost finished watching The Roast and have to say I rate Brady for doing it (of course he must have cashed in). I couldn't imagine Rodgers would ever be up for it. He would just be too sensitive.

Also with Rodgers what could you roast him about; that he slipped in the draft, that the best thrower of the ball could only get one SB, that he has issues with parents, he can't get married and covid. That's pretty much it.

There really isn't much material to work with

4 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

Load up a coors light with hot sauce and put tajin around the rim. You are welcome. 

My version of a bootleg michelada is half a lime, one or two shakes Worcestershire sauce, 3-5 shakes hot sauce like Tapatio and a tajin rim. Fill the rest with an ice cold Modelo other Mexican lager. Pretty damn good for a halfassed effort. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

For sure. Of course I roast my friends, but I'm not actually banging their wives to rub it in their face to humiliate and embarrass them. Haha 

Like there were jokes about his plastic surgery and how weird he is with his personal trainer boyfriend. And a billion about his wife ******* around on him. Thought the jokes pushed the limits a bit.

That sounds like a roast. I don't think you like roasts. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Ha ha. That made me laugh because you nailed it, certainly for me at least.

I don't like roasts. Even back in the original Rat Pack roasts I only ever laughed at Foster Brooks' stuff. Dean Martin laughed enough for everyone else.

Don Rickles was brilliant. He had unmatched improvisational chops. But the unpleasantness of his shtick always made a Minnesota Lutheran like me squirm.

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

At the risk of ruining the joke here for the sake of clarity. I think pushing the limits with comedy, or just with ideas/conversations is a good thing. I enjoyed the roast.

12 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Almost finished watching The Roast and have to say I rate Brady for doing it (of course he must have cashed in). I couldn't imagine Rodgers would ever be up for it. He would just be too sensitive.

Also with Rodgers what could you roast him about; that he slipped in the draft, that the best thrower of the ball could only get one SB, that he has issues with parents, he can't get married and covid. That's pretty much it.

There really isn't much material to work with

I'm not sure if you are being ironic, but imagine Gute, MLF and/or McCarthy legit going into Rodgers being a "complicated fella" in a roast environment.  Let alone former Packers players like Jennings.  Then throw in his politics, family issues, recreational drug use, darkness retreats and an eclectic assortment of girlfriends.  Someone like Rogan or McAfee could go nuts.  I would definitely watch. 

• Like 2