TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

On 5/22/2024 at 4:59 PM, incognito_man said:

On a flight right now (about to buckle up).

It should be a crime to wear cologne on airplanes. Jesus this guy next to me must have put the entire bottle on. 

People absolutely suck 

yeah and you smell like roses i bet.........

I interact with about 1,000 people everyday at work, there’s probably a dozen that their odor lingers and can still be noticed 3 minutes after they’re gone. I don’t know how they love with it.

4 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I interact with about 1,000 people everyday at work, there’s probably a dozen that their odor lingers and can still be noticed 3 minutes after they’re gone. I don’t know how they love with it.

There is a term for it, but there is "smell blindness" that can happen if you are constantly around a smell.  So, maybe they don't even realize they smell.  Or maybe they have just gone for a run, or got off a physical job and haven't gotten the chance to shower yet.  I know I have done that before, get home from work, then realize that I stink, and if I stink now, I probably did when I ran through the supermarket after work to grab a loaf of bread or whatever.  

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There is a term for it, but there is "smell blindness" that can happen if you are constantly around a smell.  So, maybe they don't even realize they smell.

It's the only way my wife can cope with my farts.

• Like 1

Who thought this was a good idea? Not that Blue Swede is an amazing band or anything, but this takes a bad song and makes it horrible.  Now I am sure that this will blow up like that Disturbed cover of "Sound of Silence," that I hated.

Apparently Mel Kiper's diet consists almost exclusively of pumpkin pie (everyday for breakfast) and crabcakes (for dinner 5ish times a week). We should all be grateful he got super into the draft as opposed to murdering people because that right there is an odd dude. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Who thought this was a good idea? Not that Blue Swede is an amazing band or anything, but this takes a bad song and makes it horrible.  Now I am sure that this will blow up like that Disturbed cover of "Sound of Silence," that I hated.

In a world where Sabatoge by the Beastie Boys, Phish, hick hop, and white guy reggae exists somehow this might be the worst song ever. Like, this has to be a goof. There is literally no way they listened to the playback and they were like, "Nailed it!". 

Edited by wgbeethree

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

Apparently Mel Kiper's diet consists almost exclusively of pumpkin pie (everyday for breakfast) and crabcakes (for dinner 5ish times a week). We should all be grateful he got super into the draft as opposed to murdering people because that right there is an odd dude. 

He's a super nice dude according to most.  A buddy of mine and I used to call him on the phone to talk draft when we were teens.  We always got the big blue draft book, and one day we decided to call the number and see if anyone answered.  Low and behold the guy answered and chatted Packers and Cowboys draft prospects with us for five or ten minutes (buddy was a Cowboy fan).  I always thought that was pretty cool.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

In a world where Sabatoge by the Beastie Boys, Phish, hick hop, and white guy reggae exists somehow this might be the worst song ever. Like, this has to be a goof. There is literally no way they listened to the playback and they were like, "Nailed it!". 

Say it aint so on Sabotage! 

hix5am6ooru61.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Say it aint so on Sabotage! 

hix5am6ooru61.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

You're not gonna believe it but boy oh boy do I have a strong opinion on this topic!

I say this as a pretty big Beastie Boys fan. I can still recall perfectly the first time I ever heard them ~35 years ago. I've seen them in concert multiple times. I own a BB tshirt. I'll die on this hill though.

That song absolutely SUCKS. It's literally a one chord song that 99.9% of people would HATE if it wasnt by the Beastie Boys. There's nothing else even remotely similar that's ever been anywhere near popular. They released "Some Old BS", which was an album of equally bad hardcore, at the same exact and that was universally hated (as it should be). Throw that album on the next time somebody says they love Sabatoge and I guarantee that person can't/won't make it through 10 minutes of listening. They are an exceptionally bad hardcore band.

Heres the tab for Sabatoge BTW.  296666.320.svg

That's it. That's all of it. One power chord repeated.

Cool video though I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1