Browns General Discussion

candyman93

19 hours ago, dawgdish said:

I guess further proof that the old Marty Schottenheimer school of "run the ball and play defense" winning football is long dead and buried, and that we need a good passing attack and a QB who can perform in the clutch to win in this league.

It's more nuanced than that, but you probably need and at least competent passing game, which for many games, we did not.

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

trent dilfer throwing to DPJ,higgins,and Schwartz your kidding 

with Hooper getting payed more than everybody but Myles.

His receiving corp was mostly isht.

An older Shannon Sharpe was his best receiving option.

The only real weapon he had was Jamal Lewis.

We have Chubb.

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

His receiving corp was mostly isht.

An older Shannon Sharpe was his best receiving option.

The only real weapon he had was Jamal Lewis.

We have Chubb.

He also had Tony Jones who would grade out higher than all are tackles

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Trent Dilfer could have won with this team.

That defense gave up more than 10 points in 4 games that season including 4 shutouts, Our offense this year crushed the Ravens offensive numbers in 2000. Baker crushed Dilfer's SB winning season statistically. Dilfer was garbage. Brandon Weeden was better. I may be better. You may be better.

Their defense gave up 11 passing TD and had 23 INT. They gave up 2.7 yards per carry. Ours was 29 and 13. and 4.2. Very different circumstances. The Ravens would have won with anyone at QB.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That defense gave up more than 10 points in 4 games that season including 4 shutouts, Our offense this year crushed the Ravens offensive numbers in 2000. Baker crushed Dilfer's SB winning season statistically. Dilfer was garbage. Brandon Weeden was better. I may be better. You may be better.

Their defense gave up 11 passing TD and had 23 INT. They gave up 2.7 yards per carry. Ours was 29 and 13. and 4.2. Very different circumstances. The Ravens would have won with anyone at QB.

Thanks Thomas to me I think the best player on the board is going to be A lineman or defense when we draft.

• Like 1

Dilfer lead an offense that didn't score a TD for 5 straight week, on the other side they didn't give up a TD. This is the best take I have seen in a long time. I think if you would have said Brad Johnson or Eli or hell even Nick Foles maybe you would get some people to agree. 

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah people seem to think “have a decent/good defense and a guy like Dilfer can win”. 

lol no.

That was arguably the best defense ever fielded.

They allowed 2 touchdowns and 20 total points in the playoffs.  That was over 4 games.

During their 11 game win streak to end the season (including playoffs) they allowed 80 points total (7.3 PPG).

We’ll never see a performance like that again most likely.