Browns General Discussion

candyman93

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t want crazy scheme changes, just improve our approach.

I think better WR’s opens things up a lot.

The offense is fine. GUYS ARE OPEN. They really are lol 

Better WRs and better QB play. Honestly and healthy tackles will help. Finding out what to do at RT will be just as important at receiver. Losing Conklin was huge for Baker. 

I'm somewhat giving Baker a pass for this year which is why I wanted him to get his surgery from the start. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

The offense is fine. GUYS ARE OPEN. They really are lol 

Better WRs and better QB play. Honestly and healthy tackles will help. Finding out what to do at RT will be just as important at receiver. Losing Conklin was huge for Baker. 

I'm somewhat giving Baker a pass for this year which is why I wanted him to get his surgery from the start. 

Guys are open but we need better receivers? That’s quite the take.

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Guys are open but we need better receivers? That’s quite the take.

They're getting open, but at the same time they're not explosive or making plays after the catch when they get the ball. 

Watch the Packers game guys were open. We have average receivers for sure. I'm not saying they can't be upgraded, but at the same time from a play-calling standpoint they're in position to make plays. 

Don't act like Baker hasn't been missing open guys. He misses guys every week. Thats not even up for debate. It just is what it is. But no receiving is bailing him out. 

Basically Baker is missing open average guys who don't bail him out. Thats our passing game smh. 

• Like 1

The offense just burned any goodwill they built last year. This off-season I’m doing the following:

1. Make OTAs and other off-season camps mandatory. Any player who doesn’t show up on offense gets to be in a position battle.

2. Baker gets competition at QB day 1. Don’t care who it is. He doesn’t get to be comfortable anymore. Cut Keenum too, he’s been worthless as a backup.

3. Clean house at WR and TE. Cut Hooper as soon as it makes sense to financially.

Is anyone else a little concerned about how the players perceive Stefanski?  When Clowney came off the field after that stupid shoe throwing penalty, it looked like Stefanski went to say something, and Clowney wasn't havin it.

He regressed as a play caller this year, and refused to give up the reigns (ala Freddie)  I would love to know how the players feel about him, because to me, he does not seem relatable.  

I would not be on the fire Kev train, right after a Coach of the Year honor....but man....he needs to improve in quite a few areas.

7 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Is anyone else a little concerned about how the players perceive Stefanski?  When Clowney came off the field after that stupid shoe throwing penalty, it looked like Stefanski went to say something, and Clowney wasn't havin it.

He regressed as a play caller this year, and refused to give up the reigns (ala Freddie)  I would love to know how the players feel about him, because to me, he does not seem relatable.  

I would not be on the fire Kev train, right after a Coach of the Year honor....but man....he needs to improve in quite a few areas.

I think his best option is to just be the HC and not the OC as well.  Defensive players can resent the OC if things are bad, but they can’t have issues with the HC.

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Feel like Stef is too concerned or consumed by the offense and the defensive players are prolly slightly turned off by that. I could see issues in say practice, that if the offense doesn’t look good, Stef prolly makes thing happen over again until the offense looks good. I only say that, because I remember in college my HC was also the Defensive playcaller. Whenever the offense did very well, he would get pisssy and make us redo plays until the defense defended the play right. 

Just now, buno67 said:

Feel like Stef is too concerned or consumed by the offense and the defensive players are prolly slightly turned off by that. I could see issues in say practice, that if the offense doesn’t look good, Stef prolly makes thing happen over again until the offense looks good. I only say that, because I remember in college my HC was also the Defensive playcaller. Whenever the offense did very well, he would get pisssy and make us redo plays until the defense defended the play right. 

It could also be as simple as he’s the guy calling the offense that’s been completely ineffective.

I think it’s hard for a HC to preach team, and unity and ish when half the team is giving them the arseeye for not producing.

I think we’re a 10-11 win team next year.

1. COVID killed us vs the Raiders. We should really be a 8 win team this year.

2. We have a significantly weaker schedule next year. I think at a minimum that gets us 1 extra win.

3. If we get ANYTHING out of the WR core that could be the difference between an additional 1-2 wins.