Browns General Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Just a terrible call. I suppose a referee just threw a flag for what he believed happened instead of throwing one for what he saw. That really needs to get corrected. It is better to miss 20 penalties because you didn't see exactly what happened than to call one that you didn't actually see but you think it may have been. 

It is a travesty that the NFL stripped away the ability to challenge PI penalties.  One could certainly make the case that two questionable calls (Chargers and Raiders) cost us opportunities for two more wins this year.  Ugly non-call in last night's Rams/Seahawks game as well.  

A multi-billion dollar industry being run by part-time employees.  A continued recipe for disaster.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

It is a travesty that the NFL stripped away the ability to challenge PI penalties.  One could certainly make the case that two questionable calls (Chargers and Raiders) cost us opportunities for two more wins this year.  Ugly non-call in last night's Rams/Seahawks game as well.  

A multi-billion dollar industry being run by part-time employees.  A continued recipe for disaster.

It's called plausible deniability for fixing games.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JDD said:

I’m on record for getting rid of the under thrown / back shoulder DPI. Quit bailing out QBs for bad passes. 

I agree. There needs to be some stipulation that if the receiver's obvious route was abandoned because of a misfired pass then contact with a defender isn't DPI. You can still get a defensive holding (which they need to change as far as being an automatic 1st) if you grab the receiver.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Funny thing is NY calls them and makes changes on the field during games without a replay (that is what they said happened after the Njoku TD on the radio) so that just brings up more questions when they do it at certain times but not others. It seems like we lead the league in calls changed without replays. Not in our favor of course. 

NY is usually correct so I'm not saying we were screwed because of the call but it is odd that they correct things that seem to hurt us and don't correct things that would help us.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Funny thing is NY calls them and makes changes on the field during games without a replay (that is what they said happened after the Njoku TD on the radio) so that just brings up more questions when they do it at certain times but not others. It seems like we lead the league in calls changed without replays. Not in our favor of course. 

NY is usually correct so I'm not saying we were screwed because of the call but it is odd that they correct things that seem to hurt us and don't correct things that would help us.

Never going to convince me that there isn't an office that isn't "officially" listed on the layout of the NFL HQ in NYC that simply has the acronym L.S.H.W.C.S.T.B.T.W. written on it.  Go ahead.  Work it out for yourself.  If you give up, hit the spoiler.  

Spoiler

Lets See How We Can Screw The Browns This Week

Pretty sure this guy worked there for a while.

Passing Office Space GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I agree. There needs to be some stipulation that if the receiver's obvious route was abandoned because of a misfired pass then contact with a defender isn't DPI. You can still get a defensive holding (which they need to change as far as being an automatic 1st) if you grab the receiver.

They let them play on tipped passes so why not?