Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Let's also remember that Hunt and Chubb have both missed some extended time with injuries over the past two seasons.

Yeah they have missed time but it’s not like it’s been to over use. I could see really sticking to limiting their overall touches are snaps if they were both racking up the touches and accumulating hits. Also it’s not like both being on the field means they are going to take on more hits. Both are on the field but only one ball. 2back grouping would just be more so to decide what the defense will do. They could Be on the field together for a total of 10-15 plays but it doesn’t means they are both getting hit on those plays. 

• Like 1

Just now, buno67 said:

Yeah they have missed time but it’s not like it’s been to over use.

Who said it was? Riddle me this bones, how can you play both at the same time if one of them is hurt?

Just now, buno67 said:

I could see really sticking to limiting their overall touches are snaps if they were both racking up the touches and accumulating hits. Also it’s not like both being on the field means they are going to take on more hits.

You must enjoy this fantasy land that you live in. :)

Just now, buno67 said:

Both are on the field but only one ball. 2back grouping would just be more so to decide what the defense will do. They could Be on the field together for a total of 10-15 plays but it doesn’t means they are both getting hit on those plays. 

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Good. He may prove to not be an improvement over Hance, but Hance ain't it at RT. If he's worse than Hance, then just put Hance back in.

I appreciate that Hance seems well prepared and is scrappy and such, but like, what does he do well?  He gets cooked in pass pro with help and doesn’t seem like a terribly physical dude in the run game.

Hudson I’m guessing may hive them a bit more in the run game and they can try to scheme to provide him help in the pass game.  They probably won’t, we’ll just run empty half the game, but they could.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They probably won’t, we’ll just run empty half the game, but they could.

I'll be surprised if we run as much empty without those 2 TE, as that's 1/2 of the reason we do so (personnel mismatches). JMHO

With Baltimore's deficiencies/injuries in the secondary, I'm actually betting on a lot more 3-4 wide stuff this week.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'll be surprised if we run as much empty without those 2 TE, as that's 1/2 of the reason we do so (personnel mismatches). JMHO

I’ll never understand this.  Like “I get it”, but I don’t get it.  I understand wanting to get favorable personnel matchups, but I think you lose most of what you gain by doing so when you scream to the world “WE’RE THROWING THE BALL”.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

With Baltimore's deficiencies/injuries in the secondary, I'm actually betting on a lot more 3-4 wide stuff this week.

3-4 wide is fine, just stop with the empty ****.  At least make the LBers worry about Nick Chubb or Kareem Hunt for like, a split second.

• Like 3