Browns General Discussion

candyman93

On 12/2/2021 at 7:29 PM, bruceb said:

Okay, but why won't/can't he pass from the pocket?

He did his rookie year. i remember lauding him for his ability to hang in the pocket, step up unafraid and make tough throws with people in his face.

He has since been physically beaten down and he is mentally shook and skiddish in the pocket. Hes like Carson Wentz in that sense.

On 12/2/2021 at 10:05 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Sore heel, I wonder if that had anything to do with sloppy footwork 

To piggy back......the coaches started messing with his footwork last year....he's spent 24 years playing with his original footwork...on top of that, as a former Athlete, when I was playing hurt, it was about effectiveness VS. picture perfect mechanics....

And with a Broken Shoulder, Torn Labrum, Bone Bruise on the Knee AND a Bruised Heel.....yep IMO when it come down to performance and HOW to get it done....it would be Malcolm X. Time:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Year 1 ok

Year 2 bad

Year 3 good.

Baker has literally never had good dropback footwork. His playaction footwork and rhythm, yes, but straight dropback, not at all. But, that's okay/was ignored coming out because "He's a gunslinger. He's the next Favre."

baker-mayfield-brett-favrejpg.jpg

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Wasn’t Phillips a projected starter?

By default, he was certainly in the mix.

I have not yet seen anything promising out of him, to me he’s probably JAG. We could use as many options at the position as we can have though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Well Kev is starting to get with the program.  I think there have been a few of us sayin we should be playing both Hunt, and Chubb together.  Why not put 2 of your best offensive threats on the field at the same time?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-consider-playing-nick-chubb-203418169.html

Only took 1.5 seasons to do so

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Imagine the possibilities of misdirection plays that could be run off of that 2 back set?  Instead of bringing the WR in motion (who you never end up throwing to) you can flair out Hunt.  I can think of multiple formations, and plays that they could incorporate those 2 on the field at the same time.  idk....I'm with you though...what took so long?

Edited by big poppa pump
smdh

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

I can almost understand it.  Keep each of their snaps limited, keeping them fresh, etc. and when the offense is humming along, sure.  

But when you’re struggling to score this should be like the first thing you do.  Especially with how well Johnson has played when called upon.  You’re absolutely 3 deep.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
8 hours ago, buno67 said:

I can almost understand it.  Keep each of their snaps limited, keeping them fresh, etc. and when the offense is humming along, sure.  

Let's also remember that Hunt and Chubb have both missed some extended time with injuries over the past two seasons.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But when you’re struggling to score this should be like the first thing you do.  Especially with how well Johnson has played when called upon.  You’re absolutely 3 deep.

At this point, and you're spot on, even more than the "3 deep", you're also desperate and out of options. We tried to run it back offensively this year with the same group of "weapons" that we excelled with last year and it hasn't worked out for a variety of reasons.

We would have benefitted from having a BYE about 4 weeks earlier than we had it, both for health and schematic tinkering, but here we are. Let's see what happens and see what/who can be salvaged down the stretch...and who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not like we were running either into the ground. We kept them fresh but we could have def used 2 backs just fine. Also 2 back system isn’t going to wear them out. It’s not like they are both going to get hit when being used at the same time. I wouldn’t use them like Freddie did and make Hunt a FB and have him lead block. Just would want to create the mismatches to force a defense to show their hand.

Hell it’s not even about Chubb and Hunt. Why not have Felton in with Chubb or Hunt, he makes more sense since he is a true WR/RB type guy: 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Imagine the possibilities of misdirection plays that could be run off of that 2 back set?  Instead of bringing the WR in motion (who you never end up throwing to) you can flair out Hunt.  I can think of multiple formations, and plays that they could incorporate those 2 on the field at the same time.  idk....I'm with you though...what took so long?

Yep or just motion Hunt out and force a LB to show the coverage and really get Hunt mismatched on the outside. 

• Like 1