Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Desean jackson? I doubt we have any interest. If we did I think we would have heard a lot more about us trying to sign or trade for him when he was cut this year. Didn’t hear a word about it. 

Were last in receiving we are going to interested in everybody if 3 wr come off the board that also means there maybe 11 wr off the board before we draft 2nd round.

22 Free Agent Wrs 

1. Davante Adams, Packers- no chance, he goes with A-Rod or Carr IMO

2. Chris Godwin, Buccaneers, it helps he has a torn ACL

3. Allen Robinson, Bears, down year, he is a possibility

4. Mike Williams, Chargers, we would have to pay through the roof for him. 

5. Odell Beckham Jr., Rams yeah, na. 

6. Christian Kirk, Cardinals, Im not that interested in making him a no.1

8. Michael Gallup, Cowboys, low percentage player, Im not sure he would work with Baker

7. Cordarrelle Patterson, Falcons (RB/WR), I think he stay in ATL

8. JuJu Smith-Schuster, Steelers , I d be interested in him 

9. D.J. Chark, Jaguars, Id like him for the browns 

10. Antonio Brown, Buccaneers, no. 

Give me a 1st round receiver (current order: Wilson, London, Williams, Burk), and one of Godwin/Robinson/Chark. I think our depth guys (DPJ, Schwartz, etc.) are fine as #3/4 types. Just need two legit top guys to take the pressure off of them.

1 hour ago, FGK said:

Give me a 1st round receiver (current order: Wilson, London, Williams, Burk), and one of Godwin/Robinson/Chark. I think our depth guys (DPJ, Schwartz, etc.) are fine as #3/4 types. Just need two legit top guys to take the pressure off of them.

I don't know how I feel about first round wide receivers.

There are so many examples of a good WR in the 2nd round being work just as much as a WR in the first round that I like our chances in the middle of the second.

I think there is a bigger difference in pass rushers and defensive tackles.

If the DT from A&M is on the board, or one of the better pass rushers, it would be hard to take a WR over them.

That being said I agree we should get someone, though I'm thinking #2 type receiver (Chark, Gallop, Kirk), for the money, and get a WR in the draft.  I don't dislike the idea of a #1, but we don't seem to utilize them well.  I like the idea of having a BUNCH of WR's that can get open and catch the ball and throw to the one who is open.  If we end up with a #1, then great, but if we end up with a bunch of guys who are good I'm just as happy.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:44 PM, NudeTayne said:

Give me Antonio Brown & Treylon Burks after a trade-down toward the end of the first and let's DO THIS.

**updated**

Spoiler

AB pulled a reverse Odell (also Tayne's favorite *** move) to get his way out of dead-end Tampa. Guys, he WANTS to be here. Bring him home!

• Like 1

Styles make fights.

I think we’re best built to beat Cincinnati given our pass rush and secondary. I want another 10+ sack guy on the edge.

Ravens have the secondary (when healthy), but not the pass rush. They have to boost their pass rush with blitzes. Pittsburgh is the opposite, they have no secondary.

3 hours ago, FGK said:

This is where I’m at right now, although I’m not sure how much interest those FA’s are going to have here.

Chark is intriguing, but I could see him being massively overpaid.  He’s a really good 3, middling 2 imo.

Godwin would be nice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Some rumblings on Twitter that AVP might want to go to CFB. That's interesting 

If that happens, I want Joe Brady or somebody from the Titans coaching staff.

Either pull a 180 with this offense or find a new way to reinvent it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is where I’m at right now, although I’m not sure how much interest those FA’s are going to have here.

Chark is intriguing, but I could see him being massively overpaid.  He’s a really good 3, middling 2 imo.

Godwin would be nice.

I'd break the bank for Godin/Robinson. Chark is my "I wonder if he's gonna get way underpaid because of the JAX stink on him?"

• Like 1