Browns General Discussion

candyman93

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

Micah Parsons is from Harrisburg. I used to live near there... Cleveland is like Paris in comparison.

In perfect honesty I love my city of Cleveland. It’s straight up a perfect match of big city with down home county values. I’m born and raised in the country. Spent summers in PA with my grandparents living on a farm helping out. I’m pretty much country as it gets. But I can head out to the east side west side or down town and perfectly fit in. Pick up new friends whenever I want. Get along with whoever I want. 

Truth be told, I actually get really happy when I see yahoos ****ting on my city. It’s a really good thing keeping fake *** ****heads out of my city. I’ve seen many professional players come here and decide to make Cleveland their home. That’s all I need to see. 

The rest of us locals can go ahead and enjoy a great food scene. Enjoy an abundance of natural resources. Enjoy the damn company of a real family. Yeah the weather isn’t always great. Expect the unexpected. But living with people you love never gets old. 

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

QB1 is still the biggest issue, question mark, and what everything hinges on.

Watson is 4 years removed from playing his best football and has played 66 games in 7 seasons, playing 7 games or fewer in 4 of those seasons. He’s played 12 games the last 3 seasons.

That is cause for massive concern on top of everything else.

I mean…. I’d argue Watsons best football was when he torched Baltimore with a broken shoulder.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I mean…. I’d argue Watsons best football was when he torched Baltimore with a broken shoulder.

He definitely had a great second half and if that’s the guy going forward then there’s cause for great optimism.

And it’s also reasonable to view that as a single outlier until he definitively proves he can do it week in and week out consistently and stay on the field, something he hasn’t done in 4 years.

• Like 2

Bullseye, MWill.

QB1 is always a concern. But that is also true of 31 other NFL teams.

With specific regard to Watson, we have seen glimpses of how good he can be. Although good, that is not good enough. In order to reach the heights we all hope this team will achieve, he must string together series after series, then half on top of half, and then game after game.

If that happens, the rest probably takes care of itself.

23 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Bullseye, MWill.

QB1 is always a concern. But that is also true of 31 other NFL teams.

With specific regard to Watson, we have seen glimpses of how good he can be. Although good, that is not good enough. In order to reach the heights we all hope this team will achieve, he must string together series after series, then half on top of half, and then game after game.

If that happens, the rest probably takes care of itself.

If Watson proves to be the guy he was the last time he was on the field and stays healthy, then this team is a Super Bowl contender.

If not, then I’d expect them to scrap for a playoff birth again the next few years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Giovanni reichi and the udfa

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m thinking he means from other teams that we could then add to our roster lol 

Yes. And Ricci is not at all a TE. He’s a FB for sure. Trading for a TE would be something I consider heavily. Doubt the Raiders are gonna move him, but I wonder what Mayer would cost. Prolly a 1 or 2, which I wouldn’t do. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think TE is a high need right now 

What is our biggest need right now? Obviously LB, but they clearly think we’re good there.