Browns General Discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

if I am giving up that much for a safety though, he better be intercepting close to 10 balls a year, not too mention he is going to want to be paid somewhere around 20 million a year

He’s a better pass rusher than most elite DEs. He’s worth it. 

Really interested in the secondary this year. Other than Baker, they’re the unit we need to see growth from.

We’ve heavily invested draft capital into that unit. More heavily than anywhere else. You’ve got a former 4th pick overall, 2 2nd round picks, and Karl Joseph who was a 1st round pick. Kevin Johnson, our 4th CB was a 1st round pick.

I have a lot of confidence in Joe Woods.

Edited by candyman93

6 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Jamal Adams doesnt turn the ball over near as much as Earl did in his prime

No doubt, but, on a play by play basis I think Adam's foes more, coverage+run stop+blitzing. 

I think Adam's ends up being a gofer and earl Thomas doesnt.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

No doubt, but, on a play by play basis I think Adam's foes more, coverage+run stop+blitzing. 

I think Adam's ends up being a gofer and earl Thomas doesnt.

if I am giving up that much for a player he better be a player that makes me a super bowl contender, While Adams is a great safety i cant justify giving up more than one first for him, idt he will be a HOF player, to me he doesn't make enough turnovers or splash plays, generally with someone perceived as a SS or in the box safety they need to do more, someone like Polamaulu he was a great in the box safety but he created turnovers as well, two firsts for Adams is too much especially taking into account he is going to want somewhere around 20 million dollars a year

Edited by Dawgpoun8017

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

if I am giving up that much for a player he better be a player that makes me a super bowl contender, While Adams is a great safety i cant justify giving up more than one first for him, idt he will be a HOF player, to me he doesn't make enough turnovers or splash plays, generally with someone perceived as a SS or in the box safety they need to do more, someone like Polamaulu he was a great in the box safety but he created turnovers as well, two firsts for Adams is too much especially taking into account he is going to want somewhere around 20 million dollars a year

Well let’s see what he does in Seattle first. Seattle has shown when they have a great safety they know how to utilize them. We saw for 2 years that Greg Williams didn’t really utilize the safety piston all that well and I doubt the DC before that did either. 

it’s kinda crazy that Adams has as many sacks as Troy had in his career. That should show you how the Jets were using him. Heck in Troys first 3 seasons he forces 10TOs. 7 INTs and 2 FFs. Adams has 2 INTs and 6 FFs

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We need a stud LB. desperately. 

You’re right.

If I’m right, we’ve been focusing on building from the outside to inside. We’ve spend high draft picks on the secondary.

If Karl Joseph works out, I could see us spending a high draft pick on the best MIKE in the draft.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We need a stud LB. desperately. 

I think we just need someone above average who can be a leader and I hope Mack Wilson can be that guy.  I really like how they are constructing the defense, the VORP for LBs is relatively low, much better value to be spending your draft capital and salaray cap at positions like edge rusher and CB where there's a massive difference between the upper echelon and the average replacements.  

Edited by clevenowin

26 minutes ago, clevenowin said:

QqI think we just need someone above average who can be a leader and I hope Mack Wilson can be that guy.  I really like how they are constructing the defense, the VORP for LBs is relatively low, much better value to be spending your draft capital and salaray cap at positions like edge rusher and CB where there's a massive difference between the upper echelon and the average replacements.  

I don’t want to hear about VORP with LBs. I don’t know when this whole talking about LBs not mattering started but it’s incorrect. Look at the elite teams over the past decade plus. They have had great LBs. Seattle, Baltimore, Pittsburgh,Carolina,NE. Have all had great LB play. We need good LBs. We already have our elite DE. We have our elite CB. Greedy should be very good and Vernon is a great number 2 if we retain him. We need LBs. Mack can’t tackle, he’s a glorified safety. 

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

it’s kinda crazy that Adams has as many sacks as Troy had in his career. That should show you how the Jets were using him. Heck in Troys first 3 seasons he forces 10TOs. 7 INTs and 2 FFs. Adams has 2 INTs and 6 FFs

Well in Troy's first season he had zero starts so that is a little deceiving.

Also Anthony Henry forced more turnovers in his rookie season than Adams has in his career.

Confirms... nothing.

A safety definitely isn't worth 2 1sts. Especially when you have to give him QB money on top of it. Jets won that deal easily.