Browns General Discussion

candyman93

We really need great schematic coaching and a system that works. We’ve got to stop being reliant on guys talent and ability.

It gives your franchise flexibility to get rid of malcontents instead of being held hostage.

Look at Seattle. They’re winning because of Carroll and his culture. He can win and get rid of cancer personalities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gonna need to see it against someone not named Wentz or Dalton/Hill.

I think he has been on the improve second half of the season. I think he is trending towards being what a lot of us thought he was when we drafted him. It’s why I would like to redo his deal now. 
If we don’t by this time next year we might not be able to

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. DC

2. fat DT, preferably 2, hopefully A'Shawn Robinson 

3. Taven Bryan 2/6 million 

4. FS who can cover deep

5. Bye bye JJ3 

6. sign Pocic 3/24 million 

7. get a deep threat WR who will develop to a no.1 or high no.2 WR

8. get a pass rusher 

A smart DC who can use JJ3 would be the best way to go. He can still be a high level safety if used correctly. 

• Like 1

To me the strengths defensively are our secondary and Myles. Bring in someone who has a clue on how to succeed with those 5 solid dudes in JJ3, Ward, Newsome, Emerson, and Myles.

You have a good young player in JOK and an up and down Delpit.

That is a capable core. Figure it out, they should be good against the pass and at least mediocre against the run as opposed to historically bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

To me the strengths defensively are our secondary and Myles. Bring in someone who has a clue on how to succeed with those 5 solid dudes in JJ3, Ward, Newsome, Emerson, and Myles.

You have a good young player in JOK and an up and down Delpit.

That is a capable core. Figure it out, they should be good against the pass and at least mediocre against the run as opposed to historically bad.

And like, you’re seeing it the last few weeks.  Once the defense gets creative and starts mixing up coverages and showing more exotic looks up front, moving guys around, etc the defense looks much better.

The talent is there to be competent.  Vrable goes out and cobbles together a competent defense with street free agents and meh starters.  They’ve got a good IDL and S in Simmons, Autry and Byard. That’s about it.

• Like 1