Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I bet we go after Hargrave

We need a veteran at DT who can provide leadership

Vonn Bell is probably a target now too

Frankly, Im am going to be upset if they dont go 'all-in' on fixing the DL this year. A decent cost efficient SS is not hard to find. They didnt address it at ALL last offseason after watching guys like Malik McDowell, Sheldon Richardson get removed from the roster.

Talk about wasting talent, they have to surround Garrett with guys. He probably has 4-5 more years of peak play, you cant waste that and need to bring in every piece necessary to free him up or else your just doing a disservice to the entire team. I want the Washington Commanders DL out there. 4 DUDES who can all make plays. I guess Hargrave and Ngakwe (though he gives me serious Clowney vibes) would be a good start if MKC post is true, but I still need another guy on the interior next to Hargrave.  

Not only would dumping all of your assets into DL be great for playing in the run heavy AFCN, but it also helps your secondary tremendously. Improving your DL improves your secondary by association. 

Do ittttttt

Edited by AkronsWitness

Berry understandably likes to trust his own guys. So I’m drifting away from the idea that we will add a WR this offseason. Maybe the Browns feel like Bell / Schwartz can be something. I also predict we might try and extend Wills this offseason.

Which means the entire offseason will be dedicated to the defense.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bates is great, but he shouldn’t be necessary.

Spend the money on the DL/linebackers.

Don’t underestimate what a true FS can bring to a defense 

not saying he’s Ed Reed but he is pro Bowl caliber and when you can get that true eraser in the deep third it opens up the playcalling in the front 7. 

JJ3 wasn’t a bad player but we all know he was playing out of position. You get a true FS and watch it’ll make a huge impact. It’s one of those positions that makes the others around it better. 

If you look at the top defenses of all time most of them especially the 43 teams have had a top tier FS. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Don’t underestimate what a true FS can bring to a defense 

not saying he’s Ed Reed but he is pro Bowl caliber and when you can get that true eraser in the deep third it opens up the playcalling in the front 7. 

JJ3 wasn’t a bad player but we all know he was playing out of position. You get a true FS and watch it’ll make a huge impact. It’s one of those positions that makes the others around it better. 

If you look at the top defenses of all time most of them especially the 43 teams have had a top tier FS. 

I think we’re better off going to the draft for that. Any quality free agent safety is going to cost too much. We need to invest in the front 7 right now with the money we have.