Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just now, candyman93 said:

Strength of schedule means nothing. We all thought last year should have been a cakewalk.

If our special teams improves like I think it will and if we execute better in the redzone, we’re looking at 9-10 wins.

Excellent post 

If Pittsburgh has all there players injured to we would have finished better

People are gonna hate because of Watson, it is what it is.

And I get it.

But I’ve yet to hear a single person come up with a better plan.  You either have “the guy” or you don’t.  Sure, build your roster, “the 2000 Ravens didn’t need a star QB”, etc. but the reality there is you’re hoping to be the wild *** exception who not only manages to win enough games to make the playoffs, but then manages to catch enough lightning in a bottle to win multiple straight playoff games with a JAG at QB.

Good luck with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Strength of schedule means nothing. We all thought last year should have been a cakewalk.

If our special teams improves like I think it will and if we execute better in the redzone, we’re looking at 9-10 wins.

I did

11 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

ehhhh everything I have seen of him he has been very ineffective and for all intents and purposes a bust

I feel like he got the Cam Erving treatment in AZ.  He has some versatility but instead of actually letting him develop and adding to his role incrementally they threw everything at him at once and he never learned to do any one thing well.

Schwartz’s system is supposedly pretty simple for linebackers so perhaps he could look better with a simpler role.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like he got the Cam Erving treatment in AZ.  He has some versatility but instead of actually letting him develop and adding to his role incrementally they threw everything at him at once and he never learned to do any one thing well.

Schwartz’s system is supposedly pretty simple for linebackers so perhaps he could look better with a simpler role.

Apparently he isn't all that into football.

• Like 1

Just one of many examples, regardless of whether or not he "could" be versatile as to why you give a kid a position and job and have them do only that before expanding it.

They should have put him as a STAR/Apex and let him do his thing in space as opposed to having him learn LB, S, and Star all at once.

• Like 1