Browns General Discussion

candyman93

50 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think what could help 

players who classifying as running backs should have a standard 3 year deal instead and first rounders a 4 year deal with the team option. 

Allow RBs to make it to Free Agency sooner so they have more tread and while they can still get paid. 

It worked perfect for Chubb because he was on a 4 year deal and got the 3 year extension. But first rounders with that 5th year option and franchise tag you can get 6 years of production without having a do a long term deal. 

They'd never do this, but it's actually a great idea. RB is the position that often is at its best right out of the box. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2023 at 12:51 AM, Kiwibrown said:

With Godwin gone does AS even make the team? 

Cooper, DPJ, Moore, Bell, Tillman, are the first 5 and then its a battle between everyone for spot 6.

Cant understate the importance of Grants return ability. When on the field, he is a top 3 returner in the NFL and that was one of the big reason the Browns signed him in the first place along with his 'speedy deep threat' ability.

I just think his spot is a lot more secured than some might believe as long as he is healthy and looks like himself out there

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

But it didn’t work well because he was paid a lot less having been a 2nd as opposed to if he was a first, so he won some on the back end and lost big time on the front end.

Yeah. Barkley will have earned more than chubb if he takes the tag despite being half the player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

As teams become more pass heavy, they will want Isiah Pacheco types versus Nick Chubbs.

Pacheco is nothing compared to Chubb talent wise, but his cheap contract + cheap draft pick makes him a better value.

Even run heavy teams don’t need stud runningbacks. Zone run teams especially don’t need good runningbacks. I could rush for 1,000 in that scheme. I was shocked we paid Chubb. I love Chubb and would be very sad to see him elsewhere, but it was probably not the smartest move. I was flamed for that opinion, but it’s not wrong. 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

As teams become more pass heavy, they will want Isiah Pacheco types versus Nick Chubbs.

Pacheco is nothing compared to Chubb talent wise, but his cheap contract + cheap draft pick makes him a better value.

Pacheco and Chubb are both outliers. 

Most running backs in the 7th suck and most 2nd round backs aren't on Chubbs level

6 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Even run heavy teams don’t need stud runningbacks. Zone run teams especially don’t need good runningbacks. I could rush for 1,000 in that scheme. I was shocked we paid Chubb. I love Chubb and would be very sad to see him elsewhere, but it was probably not the smartest move. I was flamed for that opinion, but it’s not wrong. 

What if I told you Nick Chubb is the 168th highest paid player by average salary in the NFL despite being the #1 player at his position. Also, he is the 10th highest paid player on the Browns as a whole.

Dont fret over paying RBs lol Paying RBs just means giving the best of the best WR2 money. People talk about paying RBs like they are giving them 90M contracts. 'Resetting the RB market' and making Nick Chubb the highest paid player at his position literally equates to making him the 17th highest paid WR in the league. Right now he is being paid WR21 money 🤣

get-me-out-of-here-get-me-out.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2023/7/24/23806048/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-3-11-on-11s-begin

A few things to see:

1. Newsome in the slot with Emerson and Ward outside

2. JOK opted not to get surgery for his Lisfranc injury but so far feels good (that makes me nervous)

3. With Cooper sidelined (precautionary so nothing to worry about), Bell is opposite DPJ on the outside, and that’s just terrible to think about 

4. Jordan Elliot with the starters at DT. That’s flat out disappointing. He just won’t go away.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/platform/amp/2023/7/24/23806048/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-3-11-on-11s-begin

A few things to see:

1. Newsome in the slot with Emerson and Ward outside

2. JOK opted not to get surgery for his Lisfranc injury but so far feels good (that makes me nervous)

3. With Cooper sidelined (precautionary so nothing to worry about), Bell is opposite DPJ on the outside, and that’s just terrible to think about 

4. Jordan Elliot with the starters at DT. That’s flat out disappointing. He just won’t go away.

It is ok leshaun will throw them open.

🤣

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

He hasn’t been good, but he has some talent. Maybe he finally had something click. Our DL coaches have been horrid to be fair to him. Although 3t is a very simplistic role. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

He hasn’t been good, but he has some talent. Maybe he finally had something click. Our DL coaches have been horrid to be fair to him. Although 3t is a very simplistic role. 

He and Phillips are two guys I’ve absolutely despised since they’ve been here.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Both are perfect opportunities for guys to show their worth or we move on from.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Bingo, BCS. Denzel said as much in a recent sound byte. They need to be coached hard, and they need to know where to be...

Translation: Woods didn't have an effing clue of what he was doing or how to coach.

So glad he is toast.