Browns General Discussion

candyman93

This will be somehow downplayed as the season approaches but this is the biggest loss we’ve had in a long time. He spun literal crap into gold. This line had no business being as good as it was. Our QBs should have been pressured every snap with our revolving door of backup tackles. They need to get his replacement right. I don’t trust Peter’s. I know he was bills assistant but we need a sure thing hire. Like munchak or Dickerson. 

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

It'll be fine. We invested a lot in that OL unit and I'd expect them to be ok regardless of who the coach is.

It certainly doesn't not suck, but I don't think our OL all of a sudden falls off.

The guards and pocic might be fine for now. But the tackles will be rough. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This will be somehow downplayed as the season approaches but this is the biggest loss we’ve had in a long time. He spun literal crap into gold. This line had no business being as good as it was. Our QBs should have been pressured every snap with our revolving door of backup tackles. They need to get his replacement right. I don’t trust Peter’s. I know he was bills assistant but we need a sure thing hire. Like munchak or Dickerson. 

Peters played in the league and coached under Bill for 3 years.  I’m not gonna say he’s just as good or whatever, but teams replace coaches all the time.  If he wasn’t being groomed to eventually be an OL coach then why keep him around?

Idk, if they can land a proven commodity, cool.  If not I’m fine with their assessment of Peters if they think he’s capable.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Gerron Christian wasn't terrible either tbh

He was closer to terrible than good imo. Hey, I'm thankful that he came in off the street and played tackle for us. But he really was no better than his previous time in the league. We moved the ball in spite of him as much as because of him. Thanks Geron for your service. I hope you're not on the team next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Peters played in the league and coached under Bill for 3 years.  I’m not gonna say he’s just as good or whatever, but teams replace coaches all the time.  If he wasn’t being groomed to eventually be an OL coach then why keep him around?

Idk, if they can land a proven commodity, cool.  If not I’m fine with their assessment of Peters if they think he’s capable.

Yeah Peters was being groomed by Bill for this exact reason. Peters was his protege, so it might be time to see if Peter has what it takes. He has learned from the best, and brought a unique aspect with Bill, by incorporating things he learned during BJJ that could carry over. He learned from the best, he has a rapport with the players and now has the opportunity.

If they dont trust him, please go after Mike Munchak, like yesterday

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Is Dewand playing LT, and Wills moving to RT how things play out?

I rather move Jones to LT and let conklin have RT back and make Willis the swing tackle.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

He was closer to terrible than good imo. Hey, I'm thankful that he came in off the street and played tackle for us. But he really was no better than his previous time in the league. We moved the ball in spite of him as much as because of him. Thanks Geron for your service. I hope you're not on the team next year.

Yeah, he was serviceable in pass protection but was horrible in the run game. He's one of the reasons our run game struggled towards the end of the season.