Browns General Discussion

candyman93

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You forgot the part where I complained about letting him walk in free agency only to then pay him and trade assets for him.

I imagine Harris probably wanted to sign somewhere where he had a chance to compete for a starting position. Plus, we had Wypler penciled in as the new backup.

30 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Let’s not act like most people on here didn’t want Hall or weren’t happy when he was drafted, Hall did it be pissed at him not Berry

My point exactly DP.

Berry's job is to build a roster of players capable of winning the Super Bowl, not necessarily of choirboys. Predraft scouting reports need taken into consideration when deciding what player to take. But if you disqualified every player that had a character flaw - you would never select anyone.

It is real easy for all the Browns Twitter GMs to grab the low hanging fruit and say "See we never should have drafted him - he has serious character issues." I counter with - all that was evaluated, and Andrew decided that Mike's athletic skills made the Browns a better team. He was also giving Mike the tools to become a more responsible adult and a better man.

Life is far from perfect, and the fact that Mike appears to have thrown away these opportunities is solely on Mike and no one else. If what he is accused of is true - get yourself some help Mike. That is not the way to live.

As far as his NFL career - it is definitely in jeopardy now. I am sure suspensions are coming. But if Mike wants to play in the league, it can be done. Look at the very similar case of RB Joe Mixon and where he is today.

I am highly disappointed this happened - especially for his fiancee and child. All on you now Mike and no one else.