Browns General Discussion

candyman93

On 8/18/2024 at 10:23 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

People are going to realize very quickly just how great bill Callahan is. He isn’t replaceable. 

On 8/19/2024 at 12:56 AM, hornbybrown said:

I think most of us already have realised it. OL is unfortunately about to be a problem. Day is son got that gig I was sad. Knew it was inevitable that Bill would soon follow 

On 8/19/2024 at 12:25 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I don’t think he was undervalued by anyone tbh 

I guess I'm missing something. Right now, why are we missing Callahan?

Our current situation is due to injuries, not due to bad coaching. How would we be any better off if Callahan were still here?

I'm not denying he's a great OL coach, but I guess I'm in the camp that some of us overvalue him (so I guess you're kinda talking about me @LETSGOBROWNIES ).  I just don't see the otherworldliness of Callahan's efforts. Has he elevated anyone really? Jed Wills? Hudson? The guys off the street were mediocre before we got them, and they were mediocre with us. Bitonio has always been great. Teller has actually regressed a bit.

I'm concerned about our OT's, sure. But I'm not understanding the angst (at least not yet) about losing Callahan.

52 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I guess I'm missing something. Right now, why are we missing Callahan?

Our current situation is due to injuries, not due to bad coaching. How would we be any better off if Callahan were still here?

I'm not denying he's a great OL coach, but I guess I'm in the camp that some of us overvalue him (so I guess you're kinda talking about me @LETSGOBROWNIES ).  I just don't see the otherworldliness of Callahan's efforts. Has he elevated anyone really? Jed Wills? Hudson? The guys off the street were mediocre before we got them, and they were mediocre with us. Bitonio has always been great. Teller has actually regressed a bit.

I'm concerned about our OT's, sure. But I'm not understanding the angst (at least not yet) about losing Callahan.

So this is entirely based off what I’ve read/heard as I’ve not seen anything of camp or the preseason, so take this for what it’s worth…

but from what I’ve heard it’s not just the tackles or subs getting beat, the whole unit just seems to be disorganized.  Lots of issues with missed assignments/miscommunications, that sort of thing that points to coaching to some degree.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So this is entirely based off what I’ve read/heard as I’ve not seen anything of camp or the preseason, so take this for what it’s worth…

but from what I’ve heard it’s not just the tackles or subs getting beat, the whole unit just seems to be disorganized.  Lots of issues with missed assignments/miscommunications, that sort of thing that points to coaching to some degree.

* Shrug*. I guess we'll see. Either way, I told myself a long time ago that practice and preseason mean slightly more than nothing. If we're reasonably healthy, I expect our OL to be fine.

If we can have a good O-line under Bob Wylie, we can have a good O-line under Andy Dickerson.

I know that A LOT of this depends on health, and that this is perhaps me thinking of theses guys when at their best...but...

a lineup of Jones and Conklin at Tackle....Teller and Bitonio at Guard....and Pocic at Center seems like a formidable unit.  That leaves out Wills, who is somewhat serviceable....

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Had to expect if tbh.  Her future and her kid’s future are largely impacted by his ability to play in the league.

Not good, not right, etc., but I get it.

Yeah, I kind of called it in the preseason thread. It happens in more than 50% of domestic violence cases in my jurisdiction, and all of those abusers aren't even making close to NFL money.

• Like 1

I know I say this just about every year. But I have a bad feeling about this season. Watson has been underwhelming in camp and already has a sore shoulder. On top of coming back from an acl and shoulder injury last year. Wards brains are a bowl of jelly. Who knows what Chubb is going to look like. Along with all the injuries in camp. Just not getting good vibes this year. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

Yeah, I kind of called it in the preseason thread. It happens in more than 50% of domestic violence cases in my jurisdiction, and all of those abusers aren't even making close to NFL money.

The amount of guys in my jail for violating an order of Protection (about the only way you got to jail in New York anymore, well after violating it 3 times) just because they were living with the protected party and a third party blew them is mind blowing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know I say this just about every year. But I have a bad feeling about this season. Watson has been underwhelming in camp and already has a sore shoulder. On top of coming back from an acl and shoulder injury last year. Wards brains are a bowl of jelly. Who knows what Chubb is going to look like. Along with all the injuries in camp. Just not getting good vibes this year. 

7-10 record incoming 

Edited by MWil23

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

To be fair, we'd all be worried you have a brain tumor or something if you were optimistic about this season.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s because of our QB play. We’re basically the Saints right now. I do think the defense is as good as advertised. If a guy like Michael Hall develops under Schwartz, that unit will be cookin.

I trust this team to beat bad teams because of our style of play. Bad teams don’t want to play physical. Bad teams have guys who want to be social media influencers, not sitting in a cold tub.

We have 5 games we should expect to win and we can split our division games. So yeah, unless Watson does well, we feel like an 8 win team.