Eagles RG Brandon Brooks Tears Achilles

HTTRDynasty

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Same with Crabtree in 2013. So there still may be a chance that Brooks returns late in the season. 

I wonder what the workload of an Olineman’s achilles would be comparative to a WR...obviously more sustained pressure on it, but much less cutting/movement. Will be interesting to see

15 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I wonder what the workload of an Olineman’s achilles would be comparative to a WR...obviously more sustained pressure on it, but much less cutting/movement. Will be interesting to see

Brooks plays at around 350 while guys like Suggs and Crabtree play at 250 and 215 respectively. That 100+ pound difference is massive and needs to be factored into recovery time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Brooks plays at around 350 while guys like Suggs and Crabtree play at 250 and 215 respectively. That 100+ pound difference is massive and needs to be factored into recovery time. 

Funny you mention that. Last time he tore an Achilles was January 13, 2019. He recovered beautifully and was back for training camp, ready for week 1, and showed no lingering signs of the Achilles injury. In fact, he played so well that he earned himself a 4-year $52.4M contract extension.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

16 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

He’s 100% guaranteed out for the entire season already? I know it’s not the norm obviously, but in 2012 Suggs tore his achilles playing basketball in the offseason and came back to play later that year. I wonder if there’s any possibility he comes back in the event of a deep Eagles playoff run.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet it is a lot harder for someone his size to come back from that injury than someone like Suggs.

45 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Funny you mention that. Last time he tore an Achilles was January 13, 2019. He recovered beautifully and was back for training camp, ready for week 1, and showed no lingering signs of the Achilles injury. In fact, he played so well that he earned himself a 4-year $52.4M contract extension.

Cool, thats 9 months. Thats 3 months longer than making it back for the playoffs (assuming things go as usual) for this season. 

18 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

He’s 100% guaranteed out for the entire season already? I know it’s not the norm obviously, but in 2012 Suggs tore his achilles playing basketball in the offseason and came back to play later that year. I wonder if there’s any possibility he comes back in the event of a deep Eagles playoff run.

Probably why they just went ahead and ruled him out for the season.

;)

In all seriousness, terrible news considering the shuffling that this OLine was already expected to face. I empathize a lot with Brooks considering his bouts with anxiety and a previous Achilles injury so I wish nothing but a speedy, effective recovery for him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Probably why they just went ahead and ruled him out for the season.

;)

In all seriousness, terrible news considering the shuffling that this OLine was already expected to face. I empathize a lot with Brooks considering his bouts with anxiety and a previous Achilles injury so I wish nothing but a speedy, effective recovery for him. 

Other than Dillard replacing Peters, what shuffling are you referring to?

30 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If I'm gonna confidently rely on somebody to come back from an Achilles injury, it's gonna be the guy who has has proven that he can do so in a favorable amount of time, regardless of his body size/type.

he's proven a 9 month turnaround is possible.. thats March bro. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

he's proven a 9 month turnaround is possible.. thats March bro. 

He was a full participant in TC which is end of July, so roughly 7 months. Look, I don't expect him back at all this year honestly. But beyond this year, I don't expect this to have any effect on him.

11 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Tough luck. Never heard about a guy tearing both Achilles in seperate incidents.

What is it with Eagles players and their Achilles though. 

When Chip was fired, He took the Smoothie Machine.

For as much crap as we give him for dismantling that Team, his Sports Science approach and the health of Eagles players was never the same afterwards. 

• Like 1