Dak to sign Franchise Tag

pwny

On 25/06/2020 at 4:12 AM, HTTRDynasty said:
On 25/06/2020 at 3:55 AM, Tyty said:

Who the **** is Trent brown 

An average RT... plays for the Raiders.

He was superb last season, I think most Raiders fans would regard him as the best RT in the league. Whether that's worth the huge salary is another question........

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, Matts4313 said:

Ive never seen a more overrated roster than ours. I swear to god this forum speaks of the Cowboys like we are the '72 phins. Here is the reality:

Our prized RB showed up fat last year and it took 1/2 the season before he was in shape. Now he has coronavirus. 

Our OL has been wildly inconsistent the last few years leading to now our 4th OL coach in 2 years.

Our WRs are greatly improved from ~18 months ago, but they still led the NFL in drops. I am hopeful here though that they can be a top 3 unit.

Our TE is just okay until proven otherwise. 

Our Defense has been average at best, terrible at worst. Not to mention we have a whole new staff that cant practice with them. 

Our ST was absolutely the worst in the NFL.

Even when fat Zeke weaned himself of the Cabo diet, he didnt have the burst of his rookie year.  I think he'll still be a very good rb, but his extension was a huge mistake.  Hopefully McCarthy utilizes Pollard more. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He’s getting Kirk Cousin’d by the Cowboys. Dak is a top 10 QB in the league and it’s obvious the Cowboys don’t view him as one who should get a long term deal making top 5 money. This reminds me so much of the Cousins/Washington negotiations. 

Honestly, if I’m Dak I don’t re-sign there. I do what Kirk did and hit the open market. There are places he can end up and get what he deserves. For example, this might be Big Ben’s last year in Pittsburgh. I can see him retiring after this year. Phillip Rivera isn’t going to play much longer in Indy, he may be one and done. Tom Brady & Brees can’t play forever... can they?

He could end up in Chicago bc Trubisky is looking like a career back up and Foles is a career back up minus getting hot for the Eagles in the playoffs a few years ago.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Phillip Rivers isn’t going to play much longer in Indy, he may be one and done.

Colts are one of the teams loaded with cap space, so they can afford to give him what he wants on the $$ side
They also have a pretty decent roster with a solid OL and Jonathan Taylor at RB, TY Hilton at WR

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 5:32 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s what I’m saying. This is the best way to bet on himself. That team is prime and ready for him to make something happen. If you eliminated QB from every roster how many are better than Dallas.

Amy team with a defense?

On 6/22/2020 at 6:32 AM, KingOfNewYork said:

That’s what I’m saying. This is the best way to bet on himself. That team is prime and ready for him to make something happen. If you eliminated QB from every roster how many are better than Dallas.

He did bet on himself, last season when he reported and played good little soldier, prove it again, we got you next year!!!. Then posted his best statistical season of his career, only to be shafted again Kirk Cousins style?

Yes the money is still Rediculous but what happens to Dak if he gets Teddy Bridgewater'd or Alex Smith this year? Was it a smart business decision by him then? 

Long term security is always the goal. Just because Cousins has been lucky and able to Fleece 2 different franchises out of $100M+ doesn't mean the next guy will be so fortunate. The writing was on the wall last year when he was asked to take the Dallas Discount while paying every other Tom, Dic$ and Harry long term extensions. 

Edited by Nabbs4u