Cobra Kai - Season 3 out now - Season 4 in production

Deadpulse

23 hours ago, 43M said:

While I dont really disagree at all, if the show continues doing well, Netflix will try to find a way to keep it going...for better or worse.

That being said...the focus doesnt necessarily have to stay on Robby, Miguel or Sam.  They could perhaps be involved with the show, but they might just have minor parts.

It could possibly fast forward a few years and maybe Daniel's son gets involved or have a new group of students.

Personally, I would like to see it wrap up after 4 or 5 seasons, but something to consider....

As ET said, and what you alluded too, I think this series should end after season 4....5 at best ( but only if they have some interesting tricks up their sleeves) . 

With this kind of show there are only so many angles you can take to keep it interesting without starting rehashing what we have already seen before, or worse take the show into a stupid and unnecessary direction.  If anyone here watched shows such as Empire then you know what I'm talking about it. 

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Hope we get season 4 this summer.

This would be great but I wouldn't count it with C19 going on and all. 

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Some random wins the all valley and none of Cobra Kai, Eagle Fang, or Miyagi Do win.

I never thought about this but I really like the angle and it would fit. *see spoiler*

Kind of like neither of them "won" the council over to reinstate the tourney in the first place. All 3 of them came out looking like selfish individuals in the end and it took 2 people from 2 separate parties to convince them

For those of you concerned about Hawk's quick change, this should be encouraging to you:

But back to the question at hand: Can we really trust that Hawk’s loyalties will stay with the Eagle Fang/Miyagi-Do alliance come Season 4?

“Ultimately, there is a glimmer of hope,” says Heald. “He does switch sides and helps Demetri and apologizes. But that’s one moment. It does leave a little bit of uncertainty in the audience’s mind of, ‘Is that a full arc for Hawk?’ Well, this series has a lot more story left to tell.”

“I think yes,” Bertrand opines, “but it’s hard to drop something cold turkey, especially a crazy lifestyle choice like Hawk’s. There’s still going to be a bit of bad guy in him, but he realizes that his friends are more important than Kreese and the creed at Cobra Kai. He’ll be a good guy, but it might take him a little while to get there.”

He adds: “It definitely won’t be an easy transition, I know that.”

https://tvline.com/2021/01/05/cobra-kai-season-3-jacob-bertrand-hawk-interview/

That's the showrunner. Looks like the change won't be as clean or sudden as the ending to season 3 suggested. 

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

If someone else is going to win the tournament I hope they get a proper build up. Because right now the All Valley tournament is going to comprise of like the ten main kid actors all from two factions.

Or it'll just be someone that isn't introduced until the tournament, and then when they win, it's revealed that Hillary Swank trained them. 

I really hope they wrap this up next season. One of those shows that totally captivates me but I also know that the material is very limited. They've already delved into KK2 and to be honest KK3 and beyond weren't that good. Like others have said just have the tourny and wrap it up. It's been a pleasure watching this show, but it's dangerously close to becoming CW level teen romance material. 

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

I really hope they wrap this up next season. One of those shows that totally captivates me but I also know that the material is very limited. They've already delved into KK2 and to be honest KK3 and beyond weren't that good. Like others have said just have the tourny and wrap it up. It's been a pleasure watching this show, but it's dangerously close to becoming CW level teen romance material. 

KK3 wasn't good, but Barnes and Silver were good antagonists. 

I think the show goes 5 or 6 seasons.    Most good shows usually stay on a few seasons past their prime.

• Like 1

Season 3 was the weakest so far but I still enjoyed it.

Liked:

+ I love Johnny now. His arc has been great and believable. The fact that he didn’t choose Ali was awesome, although I don’t know how I feel about Miguel’s mom being with him.

+ Miguel is a good  character and well acted.

+ Mrs. Larusso is sensible (for the most part) and is also a good balance to the other characters. Ali was too.

+ They brought back that Asian bully. He’s easy to hate.

+ Expanded on Kreese’s backstory.

Some things that I didn’t like:

- All the unnecessary fights. Not only that, but they looked cheesy as hell and some of those dudes  have no idea how to fight.

- Daniel going to Japan was pointless.

- Johnny is never there for Robby. It’s easy to see why he doesn’t want a relationship with him. TBH, all the characters have been ****ty to Robby. 

- Shannon is in recovery now? Umm...okay

- Daniel was really annoying this season. Loosen up, buddy. Also, the car dealership story added nothing to the show.

- Screwed up Tory’s arc

- So Kreese has a friend who would do anything for him but he won’t call him when he’s homelesss?

I would hope they would finish up in 1 season but I think they’re doing at least 2 more.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

14 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

All the unnecessary fights. Not only that, but they looked cheesy as hell and some of those dudes  have no idea how to fight.

While I agree, the Karate Kid trilogy was never known for its strong fight scenes.    Kind of keeping the theme of the franchise going...

- Daniel going to Japan was pointless.

???

He saved his business, ran into an old friend, got to hear Miyagi's final goodbye, and learned an old Miyagi Do technique that saved his life vs Kreese.  

If you didnt like it, so be it....but it was far from pointless.     Pretty much the exactly opposite of pointless. 

- Johnny is never there for Robby. It’s easy to see why he doesn’t want a relationship with him. TBH, all the characters have been ****ty to Robby. 

Thats part of the arc, though.    Johnny wasnt there for him when he was younger, and now he is trying to balance his relationship with Miguel and Robby, who are enemies in the same way LaRusso and Johnny were.    Robby already doesnt trust Johnny, and his relationship with Miguel is making it impossible to mend that fence.

I do agree Robby has been treated poorly by most of them.     Daniel turned his back on him 2 or 3 times without really bothering to listen to his side of the story.   He ultimately realizes that each time, but he definitely isnt like Miyagi in that sense, but I guess thats part of the story, too.

- Daniel was really annoying this season. Loosen up, buddy. Also, the car dealership story added nothing to the show.

Actually, it was a pivotal part of the story multiple times....including being the reason he had to go to Japan in the first place, which is ultimately how he ended up meeting up with Chozen and Kumiko.

- Screwed up Tory’s arc

How?     It really didnt change at all aside from making people sympathize for his character and showing why she is the way she is.

- So Kreese has a friend who would do anything for him but he won’t call him when he’s homelesss?

Few things...

1)  He says its been a long time, so his friend may not have even ever known he was homeless.

2) Even if he did, Kreese doesnt strike me as someone who would ask for a handout.    He might ask an old war buddy to help him take down an enemy...but not for money or a place to live.

3)  While there is nothing to support this, I think, despite living where he was, he probably had money.     I work at a VA Hospital and there are numerous veterans that live in halfway houses that have money coming in from service connection or disability.      Not necessarily a ton of money, but lets remember, he had to have money to basically take over Cobra Kai to begin with.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 3:53 AM, 43M said:

Few things...

1)  He says its been a long time, so his friend may not have even ever known he was homeless.

2) Even if he did, Kreese doesnt strike me as someone who would ask for a handout.    He might ask an old war buddy to help him take down an enemy...but not for money or a place to live.

3)  While there is nothing to support this, I think, despite living where he was, he probably had money.     I work at a VA Hospital and there are numerous veterans that live in halfway houses that have money coming in from service connection or disability.      Not necessarily a ton of money, but lets remember, he had to have money to basically take over Cobra Kai to begin with.

I think Kreese was feigning his poor circumstances to weasel his way into Johnny's good graces

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think Kreese was feigning his poor circumstances to weasel his way into Johnny's good graces

Yeah, knowing Kreese, he set that all up ahead of time.    He obviously knew about Cobra Kai for some time before the All Valley Tourney, so he couldve started planning that months before he showed up on screen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 43M said:

Yeah, knowing Kreese, he set that all up ahead of time.    He obviously knew about Cobra Kai for some time before the All Valley Tourney, so he couldve started planning that months before he showed up on screen.

this is my head cannon now 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Whatever happened to the big black female with glasses that fought for cobra Kai? 

Aisha's parents enrolled her in private school far away after the fight in season 2. There was a throwaway line explaining it at the start of season 3. It seemed like a production decision to leave her out this season as the actress announced it in a strange way on twitter and then quickly took it down. 

Now that I've marinated on it a little while, I've come to the conclusion that Tory's story arc this season really was awful.  They tried to give it some depth, but they abandoned that as just as a means for her to trust Kreese and she was essentially a cartoon villain, and we already have a better version of that in Kreese.