Patriots sign QB Cam Newton

Apparition

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you don't think he got paid at Auburn, I've got some nice beachfront property out in Louisiana you'd love...

So you attended Auburn? And were in direct contact with AU officials as I was. 

If it’s such a lock, then how did the NCAA spend a YEAR on campus and came away with nothing. What did Cam drive at AU. Where is all the absolute proof you’re basing your claim? Because it was said enough times to become truth to anyone? 

Did you know Auburn turned the issue in to the SEC office when Cam committed. They knew the disassociated ex agent(Kenny Rogers) that was playing MSU and Cams father just to get a cut, never came near Auburn. Ever wonder why it suddenly became an issue after Cam became a Heisman candidate. 

Maybe you could list all the reasons you believe he did take money at AU. And where the info was from. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not like his dad was caught on tape or anything lol.

Are you seriously saying he was? What did it say? Who said it? Where can this be found? Or was it because you remember someone saying it once. Which is exactly my point. People believe what they want. 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, lancerman said:

The Jameis Contract baffled me but I could understand it because A. Tampa replaced him and the history of signing with new orleans as a backup for cheap and cashing out in the next offseason is there (See Teddy Bridgewater) 

With Cam I think was legitimately the only starting job offer he got cause I feel he would've taken more to be a backup somewhere else, that or bellicheck used his dark magic again. 

42 minutes ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I’m not on the hype train.  Don’t see slow wideouts who couldn’t separate last year, poor run blocking, and some big questions on the oline working for Cam’s play style.  Maybe the new TE’s will help but they’re rooks.  

Edelman can, and it's not like Cam has ever had star WRs. I guess we've added some speed with Byrd and Lee. As for the blocking, again, Cam has never had a good OL. This will probably be his best OL - and we return Andrews, which proved to be crucial last season. It's still an average offense, granted, but it's exciting to see what they can draw up now they have this kind of QB.

5 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Yeah but that is negated by the fact that he is an Alabama guy and Cam is an Auburn guy.

I really like the Byrd Cam potential.

Cam had a solid connection with Byrd. Problem is, Byrd gets hurt in a strong breeze. Just can’t stay healthy. He’s a good WR4/PR. 

50 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Good point but he doesn't have diabetes, cancer, autoimmune disease, or any lung issues to my knowledge - just blood clots.

Which Covid has shown to exasperate, as is shown by the handful of deaths of people under 40 being caused by strokes.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Toomers said:

So you attended Auburn? And were in direct contact with AU officials as I was. 

If it’s such a lock, then how did the NCAA spend a YEAR on campus and came away with nothing. What did Cam drive at AU. Where is all the absolute proof you’re basing your claim? Because it was said enough times to become truth to anyone? 

Did you know Auburn turned the issue in to the SEC office when Cam committed. They knew the disassociated ex agent(Kenny Rogers) that was playing MSU and Cams father just to get a cut, never came near Auburn. Ever wonder why it suddenly became an issue after Cam became a Heisman candidate. 

Maybe you could list all the reasons you believe he did take money at AU. And where the info was from. 

All college players of Cam's level get paid one way or another.  Only one that cares about these violations is the NCAA.   

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Good point but he doesn't have diabetes, cancer, autoimmune disease, or any lung issues to my knowledge - just blood clots.

Which Covid has shown to exasperate, as is shown by the handful of deaths of people under 40 being caused by strokes.

my thoughts

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-covid-hyperactivity-blood-clotting-cells.html

26 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

All college players of Cam's level get paid one way or another.  Only one that cares about these violations is the NCAA.   

I’m speaking of specific allegations from a decade ago. Not the entire system.