Patriots sign QB Cam Newton

Apparition

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

but just let me remind you that great QBs make coaches stick around not the other way around

Somebody tell Andy Reid to give Donovan McNabb a call, he might not stick around without him...

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

ormgerd BB chess match SO superior to anyone blah blah blah

Yeah, pretty much. Nine SB appearances in 20 years, six SB wins - but yeah, that's not worth anything against guys like Sean McDermott, Frank Reich or YOLO BoB.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

No chance. Rodgers is too passive aggressive.

Well he is constantly touted as having the best arm. Perhaps a good coach like BB couldve gotten him to be less passive and more aggressive

We will never know though 

Wonder what haters like the Bucs fan in this thread are going to use as an excuse when the Patriots end up as a top 2 or 3 seed next season. Hopefully something creative.

Edited by Tex
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Im sorry, have you met Josh McDaniels? He has already done this MID SEASON for the Broncos to great effect with a much much much worse talent at QB

It is incredibly naive to think this offense was going to be the same as Brady ran it even before Cam came aboard. It would have been very different for Stidham too. 

Stidham is a scrambling qb like Cam but Cam is more agile and stronger similar to Big Ben in terms of size he's about he same size Big Ben was his rookie season (6'5" 230lbs) I can see him rushing for about 200 yards but McDaniels will only want him to run as the absolute last option 

8 minutes ago, Chuck80 said:

Stidham is a scrambling qb like Cam but Cam is more agile and stronger similar to Big Ben in terms of size he's about he same size Big Ben was his rookie season (6'5" 230lbs) I can see him rushing for about 200 yards but McDaniels will only want him to run as the absolute last option 

McD ran a good amount of RPO's and designed QB runs with Tebow. If I am a team on the NE schedule this season, I am going into the archives and digging up those game tapes. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

You mean like he did with TIm Tebow in Denver? That guy currently hitting .165 for the Mets' Triple-A club?

I honestly dont understand how you can think its more likely that they try to shove Cam Newton into the Tom Brady offense. There isnt a shred of evidence to suggest McD isn't capable of forming an offense around his QB. Hell he even did it with Jay Cutler and he hated Jay Cutler. 

McDaniels and Cutler were at odds as soon as the former arrived, so McD never coached Cutler.  

Nevertheless I agree with your point.  They are definitely going to be running a different passing scheme that fits more with Newton, but I don't think it will have to be that drastic.  Newton had a lot of success in 2018 (prior to his shoulder going limp) in a passing game focused on throwing underneath and intermediate.  It helped a lot having a guy like McCaffrey, but the Pats always have RBs who can come out of the backfield and make plays.

49 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

McDaniels and Cutler were at odds as soon as the former arrived, so McD never coached Cutler.  

Nevertheless I agree with your point.  They are definitely going to be running a different passing scheme that fits more with Newton, but I don't think it will have to be that drastic.  Newton had a lot of success in 2018 (prior to his shoulder going limp) in a passing game focused on throwing underneath and intermediate.  It helped a lot having a guy like McCaffrey, but the Pats always have RBs who can come out of the backfield and make plays.

James White figures to have a big year if Cam starts. 

36 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

Hope he stays healthy. This is shaping up to be the most “interesting” Patriots season in a very long time. 

If we get 2018 first half Cam - and there's no reason we shouldn't; he's had a LOT of time off and in his latest vids, he's claimed he feels great and he's got evidence of throwing bombs (suggests foot and shoulder fine) -then we are in for a really solid season again :D

Of course, if he's broken Cam, we get Stidham.

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Hope he stays healthy. This is shaping up to be the most “interesting” Patriots season in a very long time. 

Well, it's the first time in close to 20 years the Patriots aren't looking to Brady as the starter.

Much like before Brady, they're looking at a former #1 pick to lead the way.

Hell yeah it's going to be interesting.