WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

I am preparing for disappointment.  WFT not looking so bad compared with the rest of the list.

Ahh I think Admirals or Hogs would be really good. The rest of the list I agree with you. I also wasn’t that big of a fan of Redwolves and I absolutely hate Football Team and Football Club. One is outrageously generic and the other is for a soccer team. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

"settle" or "change to Club and be perfect" 

WFT appropriately jumbles to WTF in my head, so do enjoy that.

It just adds a clunkiness to the way we talk about teams that I’m not a fan of. Them going generic is fine, they are one of the oldest teams still active. So it makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

WFT appropriately jumbles to WTF in my head, so do enjoy that.

It just adds a clunkiness to the way we talk about teams that I’m not a fan of. Them going generic is fine, they are one of the oldest teams still active. So it makes sense.

Snyder is not going to stick with WFT.  He got to sell off all of the old gear.  He got a few years of hey buy the new WFT gear.  Now he gets to promote a bunch of new gear.  He only cares about money so that is what is going to happen.  Also announcing the new name a month in advance to reveal its staying the same would be completely stupid. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh I think Admirals or Hogs would be really good. The rest of the list I agree with you. I also wasn’t that big of a fan of Redwolves and I absolutely hate Football Team and Football Club. One is outrageously generic and the other is for a soccer team. 

Just Hogs sounds dumb to me.  Washington Hogs?  Red Hogs sounds dumb too.  What's a Red Hog?  Washington Warthogs probably makes the most sense but that wasn't on the 8 finalists, plus everyone would just call us the Warts. If they are going Hogs Idk what sounds best. 

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Just Hogs sounds dumb to me.  Washington Hogs?  Red Hogs sounds dumb too.  What's a Red Hog?  Washington Warthogs probably makes the most sense but that wasn't on the 8 finalists, plus everyone would just call us the Warts. If they are going Hogs Idk what sounds best. 

Understandable. While I really like the name I’ve come the same conclusion. Washington Hogs is pretty rough. It would have to be something more than that and I think that’s why I’ve started to lean heavily towards Admirals. Honestly, of all the names I’ve heard I think it’s become my favorite. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Understandable. While I really like the name I’ve come the same conclusion. Washington Hogs is pretty rough. It would have to be something more than that and I think that’s why I’ve started to lean heavily towards Admirals. Honestly, of all the names I’ve heard I think it’s become my favorite. 

Admirals wasn’t in the final 8 though.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Washington Admirals rolls off the tongue kinda like the "Washington Capitals" and "Washington Nationals"

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

The latest from Wright still says the new name will be a "tribute to the teams Heritage". Does that kill Admirals, Commanders, the Military names in General ?

Not necessarily. If that is the truth, then think about Washington the city. Since 1932 the teams heritage has been entrenched in DC, which is DoD HQ. 

I am not sure about the push for Admirals considering it was not on that list, but I cannot say that I trust much that comes from Redskins Park when it comes to getting the fans interested. 

Personally, I would eliminate Brigade from the list. There is an AFL team in Baltimore called the Brigade and that might not go over well. It would be interesting to see if Snyder would throw his legal team at them to force a change, but yet, they cant legally litigate with the Timberwolves and their trademarks?