Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

That Cardinals play calling at the end yikes...

Yeah, that was brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Goff had a 54% completion percentage, less than 100 yards, and 2 picks though, so I understand why they'd rather give the ball to Tate/Barkley than Green/Higgins. And considering that AJ Green couldn't separate and failed to catch any targets while he was covered... I picked the wrong WR group. I mean, there's also the issue of Goff not seeing people that were wide open, but that's expected with Goff. On the bright side, he had years to throw! He only got dropped on blitzes where there just wasn't someone to cover each guy, so that's promising for my OL. Also, I can't recall any of the opposing DEs or DTs making a play in the running game. John Ross looked like he was running through wet concrete in the first half, but was genuinely pretty good in the second half. Golden Tate and Saquon were both good, though Saquon only really has sucky plays on which his number will be called. 

Lawrence Guy had more sacks than Chris Jones, Frank Clark, and Josh Allen combined. My defense had one good sequence, but Deadpulse's defense played well throughout. 2 picks, several three-and-outs, and a bad play that should have been expected with the 49ers' special teams - thanks, @Forge. I hate it.

Hopefully this team can be better next week, but we'll see.

Just now, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, that was brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Goff had a 54% completion percentage, less than 100 yards, and 2 picks though, so I understand why they'd rather give the ball to Tate/Barkley than Green/Higgins. And considering that AJ Green couldn't separate and failed to catch any targets while he was covered... I picked the wrong WR group. I mean, there's also the issue of Goff not seeing people that were wide open, but that's expected with Goff. On the bright side, he had years to throw! He only got dropped on blitzes where there just wasn't someone to cover each guy, so that's promising for my OL. Also, I can't recall any of the opposing DEs or DTs making a play in the running game. John Ross looked like he was running through wet concrete in the first half, but was genuinely pretty good in the second half. Golden Tate and Saquon were both good, though Saquon only really has sucky plays on which his number will be called. 

Lawrence Guy had more sacks than Chris Jones, Frank Clark, and Josh Allen combined. My defense had one good sequence, but Deadpulse's defense played well throughout. 2 picks, several three-and-outs, and a bad play that should have been expected with the 49ers' special teams - thanks, @Forge. I hate it.

Hopefully this team can be better next week, but we'll see.

In case anyone is wondering what the bad play on special teams was, my punter forgot to punt, too.

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

Henry got shut down 

And Brees was doing his best Baker Mayfield impression, holy ****. Game on the line, multiple wide open dudes who would have easily scored and he throws it to the covered guy and gets the ball intercepted. **** off Tecmo.

Also pissed that I specifically chose one of the few rushing oriented playbooks and we still passed more than we rushed. I had no hope from the opening two drives where Brees immediately got sacked for a safety and then they threw a TD to one of the three disgustingly wide open receivers deep down field.