Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

If we're talking negatives, the Oilers don't know how to play D or have a goalie they can rely on. Team is the highest scoring team this season, yet the 4th worst GA team.

We need to make a trade for a starting goalie.

I heard the PBP guy refer the Nurse/Barrie combo as one of the top D pairings in the league the other night!?!

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also anyone read the Athletic's piece on the Coyotes this morning? Holy heck that franchise is a dumpster fire. It's also not a great reflection on Bill Armstrong as their new GM either. However, that entire culture and franchise seems to be toxic.

I didn't get to read the entire thing but did find a couple quotes. Sounds absolutely brutal. Working in the sports industry myself, it's sure makes me happy I haven't been involved with anything similar to what ARZ employees have. 

10 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also anyone read the Athletic's piece on the Coyotes this morning? Holy heck that franchise is a dumpster fire. It's also not a great reflection on Bill Armstrong as their new GM either. However, that entire culture and franchise seems to be toxic.

Saw that today, what a clown show that looks to be....

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Boy oh boy do the Flames need to make a change at Coach. I knew riding with Ward again was a bad idea. We are playing suuuuch inspired and lazy hockey. I'd even be fine with replacing Treliving. He's botched every HC hire and I don't trust him to right the ship.

It seems like you guys have taken the Vancouver role from last year. An imprefect roster that is being covered up by Markstrom. It'll be interesting to see if you guys can rally, because I doubt Trev will get to fire another coach. If you guys miss the playoffs or don't have a deep run, I could you guys clearing house.

This BOA coming up, especially the back-to-back is massive for both our teams. At worst either one of us can go 1-1.