Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

8 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

This is via Gary Lawless on the coaching carousel :

o2tL3Fi.png

Jesus just fire them all.  AV is a ******* idiot putting this garbage staff together, he should be held accountable for that.  I know he's staying so at least if Michel f'ing Therrien isn't running the PP anymore that will be a saving grace from this offseason.  Moron played Giroux on his off side for half the damn season, we literally didn't have a one time option on our top PP unit for half the year.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Jesus just fire them all.  AV is a ******* idiot putting this garbage staff together, he should be held accountable for that.  I know he's staying so at least if Michel f'ing Therrien isn't running the PP anymore that will be a saving grace from this offseason.  Moron played Giroux on his off side for half the damn season, we literally didn't have a one time option on our top PP unit for half the year.  

Firing Assistants is also half assing the coaching problem. I don't have the numbers, but I can't imagine there have been too many coaches to turn around and survive after replacing their assistants. The assistant coaches take the lead from the head coach. These moves seem to be delaying the inevitable.

16 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Firing Assistants is also half assing the coaching problem. I don't have the numbers, but I can't imagine there have been too many coaches to turn around and survive after replacing their assistants. The assistant coaches take the lead from the head coach. These moves seem to be delaying the inevitable.

I completely agree with you, it's just management has essentially said AV is staying without saying it.  We have some of the best PP players in the league and Therrien continually found ways to run it into the ground.  Giroux on the wrong side, Provorov on the top unit over Ghost, Voracek off the top unit, a completely static PP, etc.  On top of that he's an ******* haha.