Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

FIALA!!!

That was a great hockey game to watch. After Rinne made that stretched out kick save early in the 2nd period, he was fantastic. Subban screwed him on the tying goal by letting Scheifele get behind him. Both OTs were a lot of fun to watch and surprised both teams had as much energy as they did. For as invisible as the Fiala-Turris-Smith line has been this playoffs (mainly Fiala and Turris), what a way to make up for it. Hopefully that can give them some confidence going into Winnipeg because the JoFA line can only do so much. Was also pleased to see Hartman play a decent game. The penalty he took early sucked, but he really seemed to keep his composure the entire game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Refs just hosed Pittsburgh on their second goal. Video replay zoom in clearly shows white ice between the puck and the line. Shocked they ruled it no goal but I guess Washington offered more money over the replay official. 

Very surprising they couldn't overturn that. I thought I heard after the review the announcers said something along the lines of the officials not having the zoomed in view while they were reviewing it, which to me is hard to believe and if it was true, that's just ridiculous they couldn't get all the evidence they needed in time to make the right decision.

• Like 2

The Toronto Maple Leafs will not bring back Lou Lamoriello as general manager for the 2018-19 season, the team announced Monday.

Lamoriello's contract expired at the end of this season. He held the post since July 2015, when he was hired from the New Jersey Devils by Maple Leafs president Brendan Shanahan.

In a statement, Shanahan said Lamoriello, 75, would transition to a senior adviser role.

daily reminder that tom wilson believes human refuse constitutes a nutritious meal, doesn't vote or recycle, believes women should primarily be a homemaker and nothing else, enjoys stealing from the homeless, smokes inside, makes fun of guys who wear pink for breast cancer, would cut the line in front of old people, considers himself an anarcho-capitalist and is the sole reason there is conflict in palestine

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Pathetic loss by the Preds. Rinne was a joke.

That loss was embarrassing. To me though, the only reason Winnipeg didn't score 6 or 7 in the 2nd was because of Rinne. He made some stupid decisions playing some pucks that led to some great chances for Winnipeg, but all 4 goals in the 2nd I didn't think he should have/could have stopped. He had a rough 3rd with the penalty and everything, but the 2nd period he actually was still pretty sharp IMO.

The first one off the skate was just some bad puck luck. Big Buff's first goal (2nd of the game for WPG) is the only one I thought Rinne MAYBE could've had but it looked like it deflected off Turris' stick. The other 2 goals in the 2nd were just HORRENDOUS defense by the Preds. Both goals Nashville played some of the worst defense I have seen them play in a long time with every skater being on Rinne's glove side, allowing for easy one time put away's by Winnipeg.

Nashville did bounce back to at least make it a game late but Winnipeg outclassed the Preds in the 2nd and 3rd by quite a bit. Johansen admitted as much by saying the team quit skating/playing in the 2nd, which is just PATHETIC to do that on the road in game 3 of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

If Nashville loses this series (which I have a feeling they will), I think Poile will be tempted to try and make a big move this offseason for an Erik Karlsson type player (another superstar/young star). I don't think they have the young prospects in the system to make a trade centered around a prospect, but Ryan Ellis might end up being the guy Poile builds a deal around. Ekholm, Josi, and Subban are obviously all options as well but I think based on contracts and value, Ellis seems like the most likely option.