What players make a comeback in 2020?

Drained

Probably Josh Norman. Horrible as he was last season, he’s finally back where he belongs in McDermott’s defense, and there’s really no way he could be deployed more poorly than he was in Washington. The predominantly zone coverage will protect him against having his lack of long speed exposed, as it has too often been in recent years for the Redskins. 

He’s only 32, and I’d wager that having Tre’Davious White on the other side will lead to some forced throws in Norman’s direction. I’d wager that, given consistent playing time, he’ll have a good chance to at least match the 4 INTs he’s posted in Washington over the last 3 seasons.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Probably Josh Norman. Horrible as he was last season, he’s finally back where he belongs in McDermott’s defense, and there’s really no way he could be deployed more poorly than he was in Washington. The predominantly zone coverage will protect him against having his lack of long speed exposed, as it has too often been in recent years for the Redskins. 

He’s only 32, and I’d wager that having Tre’Davious White on the other side will lead to some forced throws in Norman’s direction. I’d wager that, given consistent playing time, he’ll have a good chance to at least match the 4 INTs he’s posted in Washington over the last 3 seasons.

Only 32? 

54 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I was lukewarm on the signing because of his recent history but what you laid out is why I have some optimism for him this season.

Add in that Hyde and Poyer make it near impossible to go deep in Buffalo and I’m intrigued.

My comeback player choice is Adam Thielen. Hopefully the injury is behind him and he should see even more targets with Diggs gone. 

For my Texans, Brandin Cooks

Texans love stretching the field, Deshaun LOVES stretching the field. That's why we have something like 15 more PPG with Fuller on the field, having a player with better acceleration, more experience and he's only missed like two games his entire career (concussions a worry though) will help a lot, Cooks bounces to 1000 yards a season again.

Oh and JJ Watt, most definitely.

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

David Johnson? Anyone? Anyone?

I think that too.

Beat up when it comes to the running game, definitely, receiving? still got some juice as a receiving back, probably a lot of it. The Cardinals was my "other" team last year, as in the team I watch in the NFC waiting for a Texans game to come on lol and DJ was deadly last year, sometimes it felt like the only threat Kyler had on the field or the only real safety valve was David Johnson, he caught a lot of first down passes, 1st down percentage the same as his 2016 year (50%) and if you watch DJ's highlights last year he still lit it up on the receiving end. 

So obvious that with not resigning Hyde, trading away Hopkins, bringing in Cobb, Cooks, we're moving to a pass only offense, DJ having a bounce back, hoping 1000 all purpose cause Deshaun LOVES his safety valves.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

DeSean Jackson.

Over - Under week 5 though where he undoubtedly gets yet another core/groin injury?

Or gets cut by Roseman before the season even starts?