K Harmon tears ACL

ARTMONK HOF

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I know people aren't going to like this, but I wonder if we bring back Ryan Grant. Grant is a possession WR which is what we need opposite Terry, he blocks like a TE and he’ll be cheap. If we sign him and Gibson/AGG/Latimer/Cam Sims/Quinn/Kidsy or an UDFA beat him out then so be it but it's someone that Kyle Smith and Tim Grimble scouted and they are familiar with him. 

xD

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I know people aren't going to like this, but I wonder if we bring back Ryan Grant. Grant is a possession WR which is what we need opposite Terry, he blocks like a TE and he’ll be cheap. If we sign him and Gibson/AGG/Latimer/Cam Sims/Quinn/Kidsy or an UDFA beat him out then so be it but it's someone that Kyle Smith and Tim Grimble scouted and they are familiar with him. 

I almost put Grant on my list, but to me bringing in a guy with a ring has a little bit of value in that the young guys need that kind of mentor. If this team is anything it’s young, and sprinkling in a guy or two that won’t break the bank and has been to the peak can’t hurt. 

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

I almost put Grant on my list, but to me bringing in a guy with a ring has a little bit of value in that the young guys need that kind of mentor. If this team is anything it’s young, and sprinkling in a guy or two that won’t break the bank and has been to the peak can’t hurt. 

Neither D Thomas or Hogan are the players they were 3 years ago. Thomas also has butterfingers. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Neither D Thomas or Hogan are the players they were 3 years ago. Thomas also has butterfingers. 

Oh I agree they’ve fallen off. They don’t need them to be world beaters. My thinking is they help the most on the practice field and meeting room. Anything they would be able to do on Sunday is a plus

On 7/14/2020 at 9:03 PM, bigdog44 said:

Oh I agree they’ve fallen off. They don’t need them to be world beaters. My thinking is they help the most on the practice field and meeting room. Anything they would be able to do on Sunday is a plus

Yes, but signing one of them means a young developing WR doesn’t make the team and this is a development year. If we were a contender I’d sign one of them, but we aren’t. This opens up an opportunity for Gibson, AGG, Cam Sims and Quinn to prove themselves to this new coaching staff or for Latimer to finally break out and prove he can be a starter. I think it definitely opens up an opportunity for Gibson, AGG and Cam Sims to be a starter opposite Terry. Quinn is more of a slot guy, I think he, Kidsay and the UDFA Isaiah Wright are competing for the last spot at WR as Steve Sims’s back up.

I really am wondering if Gibson will almost exclusively be used as a WR now, which I’ve wanted to see anyways. I think he fits better there. Sure, he needs to improve his route running but so did Steven Sims last year and a lot of WRs as rookies & 2nd year players.  Gibson’s frame, size, quickness and speed combo reminds me of Garcon/Anquan Boldin. I want to see that rather then a guy who can catch like him and can make plays in space be forced to be more of a RB.  

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

So basically the redskins got one last ACL isn’t that kinda messed up!!! I’m really kinda hoping these injuries can slow down some once we get back going I mean a ACL is a freak thing.

Can't blame Larry Hess for this one...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Can't blame Larry Hess for this one...

I don’t blame anyone injuries happen we have had more but I’m hoping we are more player friendly and Ron really make the environment here one where you just expect the team to motor through no matter who gets hurt. I just thought it was dirty right before they retire the name we get one last Young potentially bright injury. But it was just a joke hopefully this is the last for a long while

7 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I don’t blame anyone injuries happen we have had more but I’m hoping we are more player friendly and Ron really make the environment here one where you just expect the team to motor through no matter who gets hurt. I just thought it was dirty right before they retire the name we get one last Young potentially bright injury. But it was just a joke hopefully this is the last for a long while

I guess I shouldn’t have quoted you, but that’s all I heard for the last 5 years was it’s mostly Larry Hess’s fault and today, crickets.

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Kinda hard to blame the trainers for a torn ACL.  I never blamed them for stuff like that.  

In the offseason when they aren't pushing them and then not allowing them to recover properly, I can't fault them at all. But an ACL is a soft tissue injury. So once they are back in training and playing, all the stress placed on them and the regimen that the trainers have them follow, can contribute to soft tissue injuries. Broken bones? Yeah, those are more just dumb luck no matter in season or offseason.

57 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I guess I shouldn’t have quoted you, but that’s all I heard for the last 5 years was it’s mostly Larry Hess’s fault and today, crickets.

Not crickets. Didn't see your post. You continue to erect the strawman when describing the position of others. See my response to Nap as to why I wouldn't blame the trainer here but I would give him some blame if Harmon was currently in training.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not crickets. Didn't see your post. You continue to erect the strawman when describing the position of others. See my response to Nap as to why I wouldn't blame the trainer here but I would give him some blame if Harmon was currently in training.

I was joking