News out of Washington

ET80

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

If the name change debacle taught us nothing, it is that meaningful change only comes if sponsors pull money. The team won’t change ownership until/unless that happens. The NFL’s only moral compass is money 

The minority owners are trying to get out. I am hoping somehow that leapfrogs into Snyder having to get out too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Drained said:

Horrible allegations and Snyder should face the heat for it all but this is still a far cry from the boat parties full of cocaine and prostitution that was being peddled by the press.

What's good journalism without a little prerelease hype?

15 hours ago, Drained said:

Horrible allegations and Snyder should face the heat for it all but this is still a far cry from the boat parties full of cocaine and prostitution that was being peddled by the press.

Stories like this tend to escalate - look at the examples of Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein. First, it's two women. Then another comes out. Then two more. Then, 10 more. Before you know it, you're looking at nearly hundreds of victims - and that's from a single person, let alone an entire organization with thousand of employees.

These 16 women are the tip of the spear. They just poked a hole... and now we'll see the structure gushing blood.

• Like 1

1) What happened to those women is terrible. But it's just the tip of the spear into women in sports being sexually harassed. And it happens way too much. 

2) Dan Snyder should be forced to sell the team. And his minority owners should be as well.

3) The Saints did something similar covering up their dealings with the Catholic church and the Bensons should be forced to sell as well.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Stories like this tend to escalate - look at the examples of Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein. First, it's two women. Then another comes out. Then two more. Then, 10 more. Before you know it, you're looking at nearly hundreds of victims - and that's from a single person, let alone an entire organization with thousand of employees.

These 16 women are the tip of the spear. They just poked a hole... and now we'll see the structure gushing blood.

And that's before the NFL investigates. They're going to get their hands on every e-mail and text. 

Let's be real, there's enough in Dan Snyder's electronic communications over 20 years to bury him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And that's before the NFL investigates. They're going to get their hands on every e-mail and text. 

Let's be real, there's enough in Dan Snyder's electronic communications over 20 years to bury him.

Yup. Might not happen tomorrow, bit it's going to happen. 

Dan Snyder has an out - admit misdeeds and sell the team, disappearing from the public eye. He walks away with several billions, free to do whatever he wants. It's not like we hear much about Donald Sterling or Jerry Richardson anymore, and they're sitting on huge sums of money following their team sales. 

But, something tells me Snyder isn't going to take this out. He's going to be forced to sell the team for $86.24 at this rate...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I have no confidence in that whatsoever lol

This one, I think they will. This isn't deflated footballs we're talking about. This is behavior people are protected from, protected by various labor laws.

If the NFL doesn't get these voluntarily, the FBI and DOJ will get it all ...by force, if needed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I have no confidence in that whatsoever lol

The NFL is sick of him, the other owners are sick of him, he's dragged the entire league through this name change for nothing but his own pride, he's got a history of team sexual misconduct under his watch, he's not super rich to the point where they couldn't burn him, his sponsors already hate him, and they've got a chance to make it all go away.

Will they screw something up? Obviously - this is an NFL investigation after all. But will they screw the whole thing up? I doubt it. They've got too much to gain by getting Snyder out, changing the name, and starting fresh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yup. Might not happen tomorrow, bit it's going to happen. 

Dan Snyder has an out - admit misdeeds and sell the team, disappearing from the public eye. He walks away with several billions, free to do whatever he wants. It's not like we hear much about Donald Sterling or Jerry Richardson anymore, and they're sitting on huge sums of money following their team sales. 

But, something tells me Snyder isn't going to take this out. He's going to be forced to sell the team for $86.24 at this rate...

Exactly. Is the end today? Maybe not. But the end has started already. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Exactly. Is the end today? Maybe not. But the end has started already. 

So, when the team is at auction, I'll sell my shares of Gilead and we'll buy the team. 

Wanna be a GM? Move it to Oklahoma City? Change the name? Play QB? It's all on the table...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, when the team is at auction, I'll sell my shares of Gilead and we'll buy the team. 

Wanna be a GM? Move it to Oklahoma City? Change the name? Play QB? It's all on the table...

There's part of me that would be haunted by the image of Dan Snyder sitting in the Carribean harassing a hotel receptionist with my money that I don't think I could get over.

• Like 3