News out of Washington

ET80

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I still can't believe Kraft didn't get cancelled tbf. Snyder too. Both of those old stories (and this one about Snyder tbh) should be stone cold dealbreakers.

I was shocked that I never heard the 2018 cheerleader story until this whole thing.  That by itself is something you would think would destroy a franchise.

It kind of brings up a point I talk about all the time with the NFL.  The teams make money hand over fist, but it doesn't mean that they're well, or even competently run companies.  They just print money by virtue of being an NFL franchise.  Yeah, the well run teams make more, but even crap shows like the Redskins (or the Titans under Ruston Webster) are hugely profitable, no matter how badly run.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was shocked that I never heard the 2018 cheerleader story until this whole thing.  That by itself is something you would think would destroy a franchise.

It kind of brings up a point I talk about all the time with the NFL.  The teams make money hand over fist, but it doesn't mean that they're well, or even competently run companies.  They just print money by virtue of being an NFL franchise.  Yeah, the well run teams make more, but even crap shows like the Redskins (or the Titans under Ruston Webster) are hugely profitable, no matter how badly run.

Glad people are paying more attention to these stories now (myself included) and that more and more are coming out or being reposted/shared. Not saying I'm happy about what happened, but I think there is a big movement coming to fight back against sexual harassment, rape, sex trafficking, ect

Too many people think how much money they have or their status entitles them to cross the lines of human decency, time to find these people and make examples of them

• Like 4

I said it twenty years ago. Snyder took over the team to a rousing, cheering chorus of people saying he'd "run the team like a fan," and I wondered why in god's name people would think that was a good thing (sort of like "running the nation like a businessman" but I digress).

That's exactly what he did, what he's done these twenty years. Run the team like a fan. Like a face-paint-wearing, local-sports-talk-radio-calling, hammered-on-Sunday-morning, fan. Like an idiot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

This is still really bad but I thought you meant like, they actually forced them into sex. Again, still terrible and disgusting. 

i dont know man, throwing around the term sex trafficking bvery loosley is pretty disgusting. not a comversation for here but there are people that are actually sex trafficked, this is bad ans in poor judgememt but nothing at all like that.

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

People saying this "isn't that bad" is really a bad take and you should feel bad for saying it. 

what are you talking aboiu? are you saying this is the same as sex trafficking? if youre not, and i hope you arent,  when someone foolishly throws that out there  of course it wont be as bad in comparison.

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

People saying this "isn't that bad" is really a bad take and you should feel bad for saying it. 

It isn't as bad as what was leaked out, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't take it less seriously.  As I just said in the Redskins forum, it is reprehensible and indefensible, but Snyder won't be forced to sell the team, as long as he just commits to making change.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is a culture thing and the NFL shouldn’t have faith in Snyder that he’ll clean it up. He needs to sell the team IMO. 

Correct, there are other stories around about the culture that indicate that we shouldn't have faith.  The cheerleader scandal, leaking word about McCloughan's alcoholism, how they fired Brian Lafemina, handling Trent Williams, RGIII, Kirk Cousins and the list can go on.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Thats the trouble with an owner thats absentee most of the time. With the franchise in hands of a complete scumbag like Bruce Allen. Trent wasnt happy with the staff and all they were telling him. So he went around them strait to Dan. Dan flew him to Chicago for test. About all those people are gone now.

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It isn't as bad as what was leaked out, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't take it less seriously.  As I just said in the Redskins forum, it is reprehensible and indefensible, but Snyder won't be forced to sell the team, as long as he just commits to making change.  

I worked at resorts and on a cruise line for over a decade. Sophomoric behavior was the standard. Management and Captains knew those antics were around. But never were in on the details of this and that. Like I could be playing with a band during dining and waitresses would do things like goosing us walking by to see if wed screw up a song. Hows the Captain going to know if I never say anything? I just dont see mounting all this on Dans shoulders cause there no way hes seeing the scope of things happening.

49 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bingo.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Being a sexual arsehole who crosses lines and harrasses women isnt as bad which is all that + heavy drug use + sex parties + forcing them to take naked photo shoots + paying off refs..... which was the original accusation. 

I think that is what most people are saying. Not condoning the horrible things that they did do. 

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Glad people are paying more attention to these stories now (myself included) and that more and more are coming out or being reposted/shared. Not saying I'm happy about what happened, but I think there is a big movement coming to fight back against sexual harassment, rape, sex trafficking, ect

Too many people think how much money they have or their status entitles them to cross the lines of human decency, time to find these people and make examples of them

Agreed, the shift in public opinion really feels noticeable. It's nice that the 2 prevailing opinions in this thread are "absolutely disgusting" and "not as bad as the rumors but still absolutely disgusting".

52 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I worked at resorts and on a cruise line for over a decade. Sophomoric behavior was the standard. Management and Captains knew those antics were around. But never were in on the details of this and that. Like I could be playing with a band during dining and waitresses would do things like goosing us walking by to see if wed screw up a song. Hows the Captain going to know if I never say anything? I just dont see mounting all this on Dans shoulders cause there no way hes seeing the scope of things happening.

Doesn’t even sound like Bruce was around either. I guess Snyder BFF duties took him out of the office. Would be one of the many reasons we sucked for so long