News out of Washington

ET80

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

While there might not be logic (which I disagree with, but that's another discussion) there is precedent with Jerry Richardson and the Carolina Panthers...

Jerry Richardson was directly involved in the misconduct. He was personally implicated in making not only sexually harassing but also racist statements in the workplace. 

It’s a big leap from that to forcing an owner to sell on basically “lack of institutional control” grounds related to the behavior of employees outside of his presence. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

It’s a big leap from that to forcing an owner to sell on basically “lack of institutional control” grounds related to the behavior of employees outside of his presence. 

Snyder is not pulling his weight on the revenue generation side, that's probably the bigger offense in the eyes of the other owners.
Crappy teams, tarp-covered seats, anemic ticket sales and pissed off advertisers/sponsors + this latest debacle put little Danny in the cross hairs
He's not a big enough man to do the right thing, so they might have to make him an offer he can't refuse.

GODFATHER2-jpg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Snyder is not pulling his weight on the revenue generation side, that's probably the bigger offense in the eyes of the other owners.
Crappy teams, tarp-covered seats, anemic ticket sales and pissed off advertisers/sponsors + this latest debacle put little Danny in the cross hairs
He's not a big enough man to do the right thing, so they might have to make him an offer he can't refuse.

GODFATHER2-jpg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

From your lips (fingers?) to God’s ears...

I think that certainly is the best hope. It’s one of the fastest growing markets in the country, and it has always been one of the most prominent and valuable franchises in the league — and he’s driving fans away in droves. If they get an opening, in the form of personal misconduct on Snyder’s part, I’m sure there will be owners pushing for an ouster. Particularly (perhaps) if they begin to sense they have a chance to get Amazon’s money into the league...

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

And why would the federal government investigate this? What crime has occurred? Never mind that these 3-letter organizations serve at the pleasure of a person who is in a similar posture as most NFL owners — what crime has been alleged here that would suggest a federal investigation? Sexual harassment and being a gross, chauvinistic pig aren’t illegal acts. Maybe you could make an assault charge out of Alex Santos pinching Rhiannon Walker on the hip, but the authorities in Ashburn are more than capable of prosecuting that to its full extent (a little unsupervised probation and an eventual expungement, most likely). 

your wrong

Sexual harassment is illegal.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (“Title VII”) makes it illegal for employers to allow anyone to be sexually harassed at work by anyone else, regardless of sex, gender, or sexual orientation. Sexual harassment can happen to anyone. It is about power, not sexual desire.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

your wrong

Sexual harassment is illegal.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (“Title VII”) makes it illegal for employers to allow anyone to be sexually harassed at work by anyone else, regardless of sex, gender, or sexual orientation. Sexual harassment can happen to anyone. It is about power, not sexual desire.

Okay. I guess I’ll just rephrase by saying the same thing I said in the preceding sentences: They’re not crimes.

Now that we’re past the semantics Olympics, perhaps we can move on to addressing/digesting the actual point, which is that the FBI and DOJ don’t investigate workplace sexual harassment claims. 

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

first time catching up today in this news story and it seems like the bombshell is no where near as bad as some have said it would be.. might still be bad, but I was expecting Armageddon or something. 

Thus the problem with the snowball effect. By the time we were done, you'd think Dan Snyder was best friends with Jeffrey Epstein and Osama Bin Laden. The allegations that did come out are bad enough. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Thus the problem with the snowball effect. By the time we were done, you'd think Dan Snyder was best friends with Jeffrey Epstein and Osama Bin Laden. The allegations that did come out are bad enough. 

I guess my thinking was Dan Snyder had ZERO chance to return as owner (based on hype of story) -- to --- there is a chance he remains...

36 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Society: You’re team name is a problem

DS: But I hired Ron Rivera 

Society: There is a culture of sexual harassment and a assault in your organization

DS: But I hired Ron Rivera!!!

Unless rivera got a sex change this would be a hilarious argument to listen 2. 

WAS fans could've taken a massive W if they had accepted the name change and pushed for Snyder to go for defending the name all these years amid all his other sleaze. This story could've pushed him out for good (and deserves to, but I doubt it does)