News out of Washington

ET80

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Again (in case most of you didn't read it), this is only for a year. A lot of people thought this might happen. These things can't turn overnight. This gives them a year to do things properly. As a placeholder, I kinda like it. 

All the jokes being made aside. This is the right move. There really isnt a reason  now to rush or feel pressured to hurry up with a logo/name. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Again (in case most of you didn't read it), this is only for a year. A lot of people thought this might happen. These things can't turn overnight. This gives them a year to do things properly. As a placeholder, I kinda like it. 

If only the Redskins had advanced warning that maybe they should have started evaluating backup names prior to July 2020. 

• Like 2

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If only the Redskins had advanced warning that maybe they should have started evaluating backup names prior to July 2020. 

Hey, I hear ya, but it's Dan Snyder we're working with here. Mr. "It's never going to change". Then he had the rug pulled out from him from sponsors and finally "saw it as the right thing to do." There's no plan. The plan started when they said they were going to evaluate it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Hey, I hear ya, but it's Dan Snyder we're working with here. Mr. "It's never going to change". Then he had the rug pulled out from him from sponsors and finally "saw it as the right thing to do." There's no plan. The plan started when they said they were going to evaluate it. 

Sorry, I can't discuss Dan Snyder's general business practices without sarcasm. He's just too stupid for plain English.

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"The New York Football Giants" used to be a thing too, you'll still hear some announcers use that moniker

That was back when the San Francisco Giants were the New York Giants. Had to differentiate. Technically, I think we still are the "New York Football Giants".

• Like 1

This will also give us an additional throwback uniform, once we do officially change the uni's, name, etc.

Remember the 1970 Redskins?

For only 1 yr, we had the yellow helmets, with the R on the helmet. (Packers)

Vince Lombardi was our coach.

It's considered a throwback uni. You can even use it in Madden.

Now, we will have a Burgundy Helmet, with the players number in yellow (or Gold) on it.

I dig it, actually.

Edited by aceinthehouse

38 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

We'll look like Alabama, but with Gold Numbers on the helmet instead of white.

I like it.

Specially, if we play like Alabama. 😁

I don't think Washington could even BEAT Alabama...

• Like 1