News out of Washington

ET80

5 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

This is definitely going to have a trickledown affect. Me too movement is coming to every nfl team. To be clear,I'm not saying that in a negative way.

Might be the only time ever that I’m glad Cleveland fires people every 2 years.

• Like 2

Those text messages weren't even that damning. If this was turned into a prostitution ring, then Snyder would be out. But this is just the story of some *******s who worked for Dan abusing their power. And now they're all fired. Dan isn't leaving lol. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Those text messages weren't even that damning. If this was turned into a prostitution ring, then Snyder would be out. But this is just the story of some *******s who worked for Dan abusing their power. And now they're all fired. 

Pretty much. Textbook hostile work environment stuff, and a lot of it, but nothing more.

4 hours ago, dcat said:
  • According to insiders and anonymous Washington Post employees, the article will allege that:

Dan Snyder abuses drugs and alcohol
Snyder paid off refs. Some refs have made $2 million from him. And Snyder is not the only team owner paying off refs. Others do it too.
Snyder and former Redskins coach Jay Gruden, brother of Jon Gruden, pimped out their cheerleaders to season ticket holders while holding their passports from them in a foreign country
Jay Gruden and then Redskins running back Kapri Bibbs were sleeping with the same woman. When Jay found out, he got petty and benched Bibbs. During that game when Bibbs was on the bench, Bibbs' replacement missed a block and that resulted in quarterback Alex Smith suffering a broken leg. Alex hasn't been able to play football ever since
Snyder and Gruden would hold sex parties with rampant drug usage and some sexual assaults
Snyder held nude photoshoots with the the Redskins cheerleaders
Lawyers are already involved, and possibly the FBI”

None of these rumors are in the article..

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Pretty much. Textbook hostile work environment stuff, and a lot of it, but nothing more.

Yeah, I don't think we have Jerry Richardson-Ievel stuff here... But who knows. Once something gets published like this, more stories start to surface.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I don't think we have Jerry Richardson-Ievel stuff here... But who knows. Once something gets published like this, more stories start to surface.

that's what i was thinking. i wonder if this could open the floodgates, so to speak. but it's quite bad on its own anyhow.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

I feel that the people that hyped up the Miami allegations from a few years ago were behind this.

18 minutes ago, HolmesPriest said:

Maybe there was more, but some of it couldn't come out because of legal reasons? o.O

I know it's just more rumors but that is what the rumor mill is saying. They were going to release this morning but had to take out a lot of stuff.

I feel like this is the script for an episode of Mad Men.

I feel weird about this because I am glad there isnt any of some of the more intense rumors, the ref bribes, the more selling of cheerleader's bodies, etc. However, this is still very disgusting. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Maybe there was on the field issues, but NFL lawyers stepped in and put a stop to that. That's why it took until 5PM EST for the Washington Post to drop the report. More stuff might come out later.  If other stuff alleged was true, it could take a while to get through litigation because of the huge legal ramifications in gambling on games or something involving throwing games etc...

• Like 1