2020 MLB Gameday Thread

Eagles27

I'm excited to watch the Tribe clinch, only to be swept in literal or gentlemanly fashion, while Dolan blames Covid for selling at the deadline and the organization's inability to acquire offensive firepower since he can't recoup the fan/memorabilia/concession stand hit. But, don't worry, we can trust him that he's not making money and operating a loss, and no, we can't look at his books.

Also, friendly reminder that an annual return of $1 Billion is $70 million at a conservative 7% return...and I'm up 13% over the past two years, so...

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm excited to watch the Tribe clinch, only to be swept in literal or gentlemanly fashion, while Dolan blames Covid for selling at the deadline and the organization's inability to acquire offensive firepower since he can't recoup the fan/memorabilia/concession stand hit. But, don't worry, we can trust him that he's not making money and operating a loss, and no, we can't look at his books.

Also, friendly reminder that an annual return of $1 Billion is $70 million at a conservative 7% return...and I'm up 13% over the past two years, so...

Think they actually make a legit effort to resign Lindor when he's up?  Or will they just trade him like everyone else before him?  

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

A 7% return!? How dare you even suggest that. That's peanuts to Bill DeWitt, who was saying his 20 year 11% annualized return before any dividends "wasn't much money".

In case you're wondering whether any of these people are in touch with reality or not.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A 7% return!? How dare you even suggest that. That's peanuts to Bill DeWitt, who was saying his 20 year 11% annualized return before any dividends "wasn't much money".

In case you're wondering whether any of these people are in touch with reality or not.

Yeah, EXACTLY. I picked 7% to show the essential average annual return, albeit you could absolutely argue 10% is standard.

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He gone via trade for sure

I was hoping for that fanbase that they would be able to at least sign a guy like Lindor to a longterm deal.  The org can churn out pitchers better than anyone, but they haven't had that same success with hitters.