Allbright: Trubisky To Be Named Starter

G08

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The OL has been well above average.

They have given up low sack totals and hit totals with a complete statue who falls into sacks.

On the sack fumble I timed it at 4.2 seconds. On which planet does Glennon think Sims is blocking matthews for more than that?

Fantastic point. The play call is fine if you get the ball out of your hands in a reasonable time frame. 

Leno-Sitton-Whitehair-Long-Massie may even end up top 5 if healthy ..these 5 kill it driving the run game (along with our TEs) and are stellar as a unit in pass pro. Massie is the only question mark for me and he has looked just fine this season

Pepper in an accurate, bootlegging, creative QB and we take off

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

"Anybody is better than Cutler." I spent about five years telling people to be careful with blanket statements like that, but nobody wanted to listen.

You and me both, there definitely is a part of me that is laughing at those morons... but then I realize it does my favorite team no good and I'm back to being depressed lol

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I really hope we have got this one right...this season is going no where and I think wither or not we win 3 or 6 games this season Fox is still a gonner...rushing Trubisky would be a terrible idea long term.

I don't think at this point they are rushing him. It has been pretty obvious since camp to the beat guys that he is the best QB on the team.

If he is lacking experience, then get him experience and live with the bumps and bruises.

Everyone acts like failure is permanent damage. Look at Jared Goff this season after being really bad and being "rushed" last season. Failure is the single best teaching tool. If he is not strong enough mentally to handle that, then he really won't last long in the NFL which valuesand requires mental toughness.

If Glennon takes another snap they will lose the locker room. Hicks comments are pretty obvious.

4 more games on the bench will make a little bit of difference for Trubisky. But losing the team and having them phone it is would be a 100% worse.

Wait till you see the juice these guys are playing with on Monday night. I think it will he easily the teams beat performance, regardless of what Mitch does.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I don't think at this point they are rushing him. It has been pretty obvious since camp to the beat guys that he is the best QB on the team.

If he is lacking experience, then get him experience and live with the bumps and bruises.

Everyone acts like failure is permanent damage. Look at Jared Goff this season after being really bad and being "rushed" last season. Failure is the single best teaching tool. If he is not strong enough mentally to handle that, then he really won't last long in the NFL which valuesand requires mental toughness.

Trubisky being the best QB on this team doesn't mean much...

I get guys can be turned around but then again you also get guys like David Carr who's career was shattered so it works both ways...I just have some concerns in throwing a guy into a no win situation.

I really think the argument can be made that Mitch has sat too much in his career. He sat for 3 years at UNC. Everyone in the draft process ripped him for not having enough experience and he needs reps.

Give him the reps.

-Protect him with play calling

-Let him ease in and learn

-Live with the mistakes

But he is never going to get experience without live reps in real games.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I get guys can be turned around but then again you also get guys like David Carr who's career was shattered so it works both ways...I just have some concerns in throwing a guy into a no win situation.

My buddies and I met Bennie Joppru, Texans TE, in Vegas.

He told is David Carr was the first person to leave the facility everyday, never watched film and didn't give a **** about football.

He didn't get his confidence shaken, he didn't care about football.

People want to use Carr as a case study of a guy who wasn't "ready" and was ruined. When guys are probably more often "ruined" by not being serious about being great.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It means a ton to the other 52 guys who are risking their health to win games.

Archived