2017 FF Soccer Draft Voting: Group C

amac

It's unbelievably hard to rank these teams. All of them are so good. 

For this group I would probably go

1. Chomp

2. Roy

3. Amac

I feel like the front 3 are impossible to stop. I don't like the midfield much, but Casemiro provides a great base. Some very good defenders too, if a bit too attacking. Roy and amac are very close, but I'm going with Roy because of the teams balance and Lewandowski being better than any attackng player for Amac.

Won't rank my own team, but I would take Chomp's team over amac's due to a stronger back 3 and Casemiro and Busquets provides good cover for their CBs, who aren't always the greatest defensively.  Alaba and Alonso on the flanks should provide ample support in attack while being solid enough defensively.

roys team is solid but lacking firepower as Muller has been struggling for a while now and I'm not as high on Draxler as I don't think he's ever actually had a full season where he played up to his hype 

Chomp- like the attack fine but Casemiro and Busquets is incredibly defensive and Firmino is more of a forward. I think that team could have problems connecting defense to attack 

1. Roys

2. Amac

3. Chomp

I actually think Roys team looks like one of the stronger teams in the tournament with a lot of strength down the middle and pace on the flanks. I have to rate Chomp last because Marcos Alonso is completely out of position at right back, and I'm not a big fan of a Busquets and Casemiro midfield pairing.

1. Amac

2. Roy

3. Chomp  

Big fan of Amac's team, I just find it to be really really well-rounded and that front 3 would be super fun to watch. It's a coin flip between the other two in the group, Chomp's team looks incredible up front but his fullback situation is strange and there's no real connection between defense and attack in that team. I go with Roy by a whisker here, his attack has some question marks but I like the overall strength and defensive solidity here to eek it out. 

1. roysmyboy31 - Arguably the best defensively in the draft. Lacking a little in the front 4.

2. Chomp_Chomp - Solid at the back and the front 4. Can't help but think there's a missing link.

3. amac - Very well rounded. Not many holes I can find.

Another tough group to split, I think amac would probably make it out of A & B.

Amac – I like this team. I feel like every position is strong and the team is well balanced. The attack is strong with Cavani, Alexis and Insigne. It is also a bonus that Cavani and Alexis have insane work rates and can help in defense which is important for tournament style games. I like the balance in the midfield with Kroos as a creator, Keita as box to box and Saul shielding the defense. As well, getting a CB pairing that is already established is awesome imo. I might have a bad memory but out of the Group A, B, C. This is my favourite team.

Roy – Another strong team! Matuidi is a good box to box that can connect play between Silva and Matic. Lewandowski is a lethal finisher up top. I am a bit concerned with Draxler and Muller. Looking at Draxlers apps this season, he doesn’t seem to be playing as much. He also struggled at Wolfsburg so I am worried about his consistency. As well, Muller is coming off a sub par season. However, if both are in form, the attack is deadly.

Chomp – I feel like this is a bit of a disjointed team. Firmino seems to play best as a striker or just off the striker watching him at Liverpool. Both Busquets and Casemiro aren’t the most creative players in the midfield. I am concerned that there is a missing link between the midfield and attack. I feel like I’ll see Neymar and Asensio drop deep and come to the center of the midfield which will leave the flanks exposed for counter attacks.

I think Amac’s team will top the group with two wins. I think Roy will beat Chomp.

1.       Amac

2.       Roy

3.       Chomp

1) Roy- I like the back line and midfield. Bailly and Hummels is a good defensive partnership in the center and Matuidi and Matic is a great duo to build from in midfield. Draxler and Muller on the wings are question marks for me but I think your fullbacks (who can bomb forward thanks to Matic and Matuidi) really help negate the lack of natural width from your wingers. Lewandowski can score for fun and Silva is one of the best at pulling the strings. I worry a little bit about goals from this side but I think it's a well balanced team whose major weakness is addressed by the rest of your team. 

2) Amac- Great team. The front three is excellent, not a single weakness there and they are all high energy guys who could press all day. I like the individual players in the midfield but I have concerns over whether Saul could do the holding job effectively, I'd almost consider switching he and Kroos. The fullbacks are solid and the partnership in the center is a proven great duo, I do think maybe some pace could exploit the back line potentially and while Buffon is a fantastic keeper I think maybe a more proactive keeper would be better for the duo but that is a minor criticism. 

3) Chomp- Talented team but most of my comments are the same as everyone else. Two left backs on the back line and the lack of someone in midfield to pull the strings and push the ball forward. I think I'd drop Asensio back as an attacking midfield and throw Firmino on the wing. Like I said, it's a good team but I think you're up against two very good teams and the questions with your lineup are just a bit bigger than the other two. 

1- Roys

2- Chomp Chomp

3- amac

Roys is just very good top to bottom. I'm a little wary of the wingers but the midfield is very strong. Chomp Chomp has a solid squad also but I'm not sure how the players fit together though (Firminio & Lukaku / Casemiro & Busquets mainly). That left side couldn't be stronger though. Amac has the best front 3 in the group, but I don't know if Saul can play the CDM role is placed in as of now. The back 4 isn't as strong as for the other squads too.

Serious question. Why are people acting like Saul as a defensive midfielder is so strange? Sure he's probably at his best when given some license to roam in midfield, but he's also proven to be a very competent center back and he's been deployed as a holding midfielder before. It just seems like a really strange thing to nit pick about with Amac's team. Especially when his midfield partners are Kroos and Keita who both put in full shifts.

2 hours ago, Imarobot said:

Serious question. Why are people acting like Saul as a defensive midfielder is so strange? Sure he's probably at his best when given some license to roam in midfield, but he's also proven to be a very competent center back and he's been deployed as a holding midfielder before. It just seems like a really strange thing to nit pick about with Amac's team. Especially when his midfield partners are Kroos and Keita who both put in full shifts.

I also feel like in modern football, the traditional DM role is shifting. For all the top teams, the "ball winner" are players that have the freedom to roam and run. Looking at last year's Champions League semis, I don't think any of the team had a traditional DM. Casemiro, Khedira, Bakayako and Gabi are all players with endless engines and get up and down the pitch throughout the game. There is no doubt in my mind that Saul is able to fulfill that role especially since he is partnered with Kroos and Keita, and he has experience playing CB. I don't see how this midfield is any worse than Madrid's or Juventus's and both teams were CL finalist. 

I'm not one of the contestants but I figured I'd still throw my 2 cents in.

1. amac
2. Roy
3. Chomp

amac's midfield is very balanced, the forwards provide a good mix of creativity and work-rate and managing to snare a very good CB pairing that play together every week is a big positive imo.  Roy's team's lack of speed is a worry, as is the fact that Muller hasn't been playing well for over a year now.  I like their defense and the ability of Matic and Matuidi to support them.  Chomp's team gets marked down for having 2 LBs and no RB and the probable lack of connection between offense and defense

Archived