2017 FF Soccer Draft 2017 Voting- Group D

amac

Rank the teams 1-3. Anyone can vote, but Votes for your own group won't count. Explanations encouraged. Voting will be open thru Wednesday 

Tex/Lee

H9Zeoez.jpg

Imarobot

GK- Samir Handanovic

LB- Ryan Bertrand

CB- Kostas Manolas

CB- Cesar Azpilicueta

RB- Djibril Sidibe

CM-Arturo Vidal

CM- Miralem Pjanic

CM- Koke

LW- Eden Hazard

ST- Andrea Belotti

RW- Gabriel Jesus

http://bit.ly/2yaiwPT

Dotmotion 

RmAReUy.png

1. Robot

2. Lee/Tex

3. Dot

Robot has the best all around team, imo. I like the midfield trio, in particular. I put Dot in 3rd because I think the midfield and defense woukd get exposed. The midfield 2 aren't good enough to hold it down and Pique/Godin would have serious trouble against some of the pace and attacking flair that the other teams have.

1. Robot

2. Lee/Tex

3. Dot 

I think Robot is the clear winner of this group. The midfield is so well rounded and fit really well together. Hazard and Jesus will cause havoc on the wings, and Belotti is a true target man. I don't love Aspi at CB, and it may get exposed later. But I think for now its fine. 

2nd and 3rd was sooooo hard to decide between for me. Griezmann and Higuian are so deadly up top; and I'm a huge fan of Hamsik, Sarah, and Kimmich for Dot. But man that backline is fairly weak in my opinion. Neither Pique nor Godin possess the pace to stay with most of the attacks in this and I just see them getting exposed. That was the deciding factor when picking Lee/Tex over Dot. 

1. Robot- Best attack and midfield combo in the group.  Defense could potentially get exposed later, but are good enough here IMO.

2. Lee/Tex- Strong down the middle with Boateng, Marquinhos, and Wanyama (plus De Gea in net).  Suarez and Icardi are good up top and Rakitic is excellent.  Not sure about the extent James or Mane's impact for future matches.

3. Dot- Love Kimmich, but he's still fairly unproven, especially as a midfielder.  Don't love the backline either.  Greizmann and Higuain are a great combo up top though.

1. Tex/Lee-I like the balance this team has the best

2. Imarobot-not sold on the defense, Bertrand is average and I'm not sure Azpi would be an elite CB outside of a 3 in the back system.  Love the midfield.

3. Dot-not a good defensive team

1. imarobot- think this is the most balanced team in the group 

2. Lee/Tex

3. Dot- Great strike duo and individual players but have questions about Kimmich and Hamsik being enough in the center 

1. Robot

2. Lee/Tex

3. Dot

Interesting group. Similar teams in that they all look pretty brilliant going forward while having some frailties defensively. I'm giving Robot an edge because I think he gets the balance better elsewhere to at least offer more protection to his backline. I have some concerns about Lee'/Tex's midfield with James in an unfamiliar shuttling CM role, and I think Dot's team would have some success down the flanks on the counter through Salah/Carrasco, but Dot's team just feels a bit too chaotic to me, lots of creativity but way too soft defensively. 

Obviously we can't vote for our own group but I just wanted to give my two cents. 

Our lineup was based off the Liverpool lineup when they had their title challenge and finished second. Basically Mane is in the Sterling role and James is in Coutinho's. I think we could drop Wanyama deep when we're in possession and essentially play three at the back to push our full backs further and add some more width. 

Robot- Really good team and the midfield is very well balanced. There isn't a single destroyer but all players in there aren't afraid of putting a tackle in and doing the dirty work. The only criticism I could really think of is that maybe they're a bit too like for like but again that's a minor complaint. I like the attack but I think Jesus is a little less effective on the wing. Belotti has been great in the Serie A but I think is probably the most unproven forward in the draft and definitely in the group. Biggest weakness is for me is definitely the back line. Bertrand is a below average fullback (at least in terms of this draft) and Sidibe is solid if unspectacular. Azpilicueta as a CB in a back four gives me major concerns and I've got so say I'd fancy our front line against it. 

Dot- Basically what everyone else said. Just don't think Kimmich and Hamsik have anywhere near enough defensively and you're just short in midfield. You've definitely got goals and pace in the team but feel like you'd be at risk of conceding on every attack. 

5 hours ago, Imarobot said:

Everyone still hates Ryan Bertrand :D

Honestly I really like him as a player but with the quality of players that everyone has in this draft I think he's a little out of his depth. He's definitely a decent fullback in the premier league but he's not facing the best players in Europe week in and week out. 

I really felt like Kimmich and Hamsik would be a solid midfield two but I guess that is not the consensus. I was looking to build something similar to Juventus with their last season 4-2-3-1 where they had Higuan, Dybala up top, two wingers and Pjanic/Khedira in the midfield. Pjanic is more of a deep lying playmaker whose strength isn't really defending and Khedira (and now Matuidi) plays a more box to box role popping up to support Dybala. Juve doesn't have a traditional DM but still made it to the Champions League final.

I was thinking that Hamsik is a better version of Khedira as he plays a box to box role in Napoli being able to score goals and being able helping shield Jorginho. And I would be even more defensive by replacing Pjanic with Kimmich. To be honest, I was more concerned about creativity in the midfield than defensive ability which is the total opposite of the sentiment here reading the comments. I do agree that on my defense, that Pique's pace is a concern. I was just hoping that his form last season would counteract that a bit. But I do not see how Godin is significantly slower than Chiellini or Bonucci. 

1- Dotmotion

2- Iamarobot

3- Tex/Lee

Dotmotion doesn't have the balance need to go far in the competition, imho, but their attack is super solid, and the have complete wingers on offense and defense. The two CBs have the same profile and with a lack of true defensive midfielder, it might burn them down the road but the creativity is trong. Iamarobot probably has the most balanced team in the group, but I don't like their defense at all. Sidibé isn't good, Aspi and Manolas at CB is underwhelming and I don't like Bertrand either at LB. As for Tex/Lee I'm not sure how the midfield fits together, though I'm impressed by central defense (backs and midfielder), which could make this team a tough out.

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Was more worried about your CB pairing TBH. 

I think people are underrating Azpi. He doesn't have great height but he literally does everything else you want a center back to do, whether its a 2 man or 3 man group.  I literally have zero worry about him playing CB in a back 4. Not sure Manolas is really a weak option either TBH, only 25 years old with over 100 apps in Seria A and 30 caps for Greece (who is strong at the position). I'd say that's fairly impressive. He was one of the most sought after defenders in the world last summer and apparently the new contract he signed includes a release fee that can only be activated by Barca, Juve, and Real Madrid. The talent has to be there.

"Last season Azpi was one of the most important players for us, In this position as a central defender he is one of the best in the world. He is very good with and without the ball."- Antoine Conte

Archived