College Football should be moved to the Spring permanently

patriotsheatyan

22 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Why don’t all the players go to the South West then? 

No storms or cold. 

You do realize winter in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota is not the same as winter in Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Georgia right?

It doesn’t reach even the 60’s until May.

Edited by candyman93

27 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

If they die, they die. If they sign up knowing the risk and don’t make it, it just means they weren’t strong enough.

Troll

26 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Why don’t all the players go to the South West then? 

No storms or cold. 

The whether in fall is not even close to as bad as the weather in winter and the rain of early spring.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You do realize winter in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota is not the same as winter in Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Georgia right?

It doesn’t reach even the 60’s until May.

My dad and stepmom live in Pensacola and the UP in Michigan.  They usually come our way around Mother's Day (to see my grandmother) and stay a week, and then take it slow going home to avoid as much snow as possible.  

I bet the OP doesn't even know that all funerals up north don't have burials, and that the remains are kept in cold storage until it is warm enough to break ground.  They aren't going to pick a school up north just to practice in the snow and single digits every day.  

13 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

They would make a life altering decision to avoid playing in colder weather for three hours a few times a year?

I doubt that.

The good ones that want a shot at the pros? Yeah. Definitely. You’re a star running back... you want to play in the heart of winter for the first two months of the season up North or have a huge advantage in the South. 

15 hours ago, mse326 said:

Bad weather affects how they look and depresses draft stock. You want to look your best. You are right it is a life altering decision. And the smart decision would be to go to a place with generally good weather.

This. Especially at the QB position, no recruits with options would be going north. When over half your season throwing the ball is like throwing a slippery brick, it’s going to be hard to build draft hype. 

12 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

The spring belongs to NCAABB

While I don't disagree, this is a different circumstance. That said, CFB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NCAAB and I'll gladly watch it over. My dead time for sports is after the super Super Bowl to the beginning of baseball. This would negate that void since it looks like we might actually have an NFL season....... still not completely sold on that happening though.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

While I don't disagree, this is a different circumstance. That said, CFB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NCAAB and I'll gladly watch it over. My dead time for sports is after the super Super Bowl to the beginning of baseball. This would negate that void since it looks like we might actually have an NFL season....... still not completely sold on that happening though.

If March Madness is apart of your “dead time”, I have to take your assessment of CFB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NCAABB with a grain of salt. I like it a lot more than NCAABB too, but if you’re a fan, the tourney is about as good as it gets in sports.

8 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

If March Madness is apart of your “dead time”, I have to take your assessment of CFB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NCAABB with a grain of salt. I like it a lot more than NCAABB too, but if you’re a fan, the tourney is about 

March Madness is a small portion of that gap in time. I don't care for basketball but I do care for that, a lot.